Game On

6.5x55SE

Friday 4th September 2020 approximately 8 am i personally witnessed the first of the " Hounds of Heaven " returning speaking to a couple of estate owners I'm very lucky to shoot on informed me they have steadily been coming back in dribs and drabs end of this Moon hopefully a good few will be around ☺️

Edited by 6.5x55SE

On 07/09/2020 at 21:59, 6.5x55SE said:

Friday 4th September 2020 approximately 8 am i personally witnessed the first of the " Hounds of Heaven " returning speaking to a couple of estate owners I'm very lucky to shoot on informed me they have steadily been coming back in dribs and drabs end of this Moon hopefully a good few will be around ☺️

Plenty now arriving at Holkham in good numbers , we normally expect to see the first ones dropping in around the third week of September so more or less bang on time , a few years ago I was shooting Pigeons about 10 miles up the coast late September on some Wheat stubble , when I got there I could already see 2/300 Pinks on the fields next door , as I was setting up there were more skeins coming off the sea to join the ones already down , to cut a long story short I didn't shoot many pigeons as I was watching skein after skein coming as far as the eye could see from the sea direction and dropping in on these two fields of stubble , time I packed up there must have been 1000s and were still coming in ragged lines across the sky , a case of being in the right place at the right time , since then I have seen a lot of geese that have only just arrived , but never a spectacle like I saw on that day .

Have a good season    MM