Any LPG experts

Walker570

The LPG feed on my Defender has started to act up. It will run and then suddenly act as if the ignition has been turned off, then back on again.  Then will run extremely well as normal for an hour then start to play up again.  It runs perfectly on petrol so cannot be anyhting to do with the ignition electrics.   Any ideas?

40 minutes ago, B725 said:

The LPG change over is via a small solenoid valve? Thats were I would start looking first. 

I do believ that is alongside the tank, which is buried below the false floor which is removable but anyone who has seen what I carry will appreciate getting in there is a mornings work.

Thanks for that info. I have no knowledge of how the system works but will take alook there, just feels like a loose connection.

Still runs 100% plus on petrol so no problems with getting about. 

3 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Big lumps bound to be the problem 

nev makes his own gas that old powder and water stuff 🤭🤔

they know it is him coming down the road then...........it must smell like the melting russian tundra......

he will have to change to Zyclon-B.........

How on earth did a simple question about an LPG problem get to this stage.???????????????????:lol:

I do believe the problem has been discovered. The 'gasometer' or whatver it is called kept icing over and the hot water pipes just didn't feel warm, so suspected an air lock.

went around the  pipes and gave them all a good squeeze until they started to warm up, icing disappeared and gas began to flow again at a steady rate. Touch wood did a 30 mile round trip half with a ton of oak logs on the trailer and she zoomed along no problem.

3 hours ago, B725 said:

For a regulator on LPG to freeze is usually that it is passing too much gas. 

Don't know about lpg cars but we used to have a couple of lpg hyster forklifts on the farm and they withdrew liquid from the tank it went through the regulator, filter and then into a vaporiser which used hot water from the engine to turn the liquid into gas. ( Why it didn't just draw gas from the tank I've no idea). On a cold morning they were fine unless someone turned off the engine before it had warmed up. It that happened it would not start and the entire gas system would be covered in white ice. Two ways to get them going, one was leave it for 30 minutes to defrost. The other was heat up the gas pipes regulator filter and vaporiser with a blowtorch. Sometimes I look back and am amazed iam still alive.

20 hours ago, ditchman said:

"there's something in the air to-nite...."...............

what film does that come from .........................................

first prize a used set of "Y" fronts once owned by J Dog

Miami Vice, you can keep the y-fronts or donate them to charity, have they been washed?