Shooting in Suffolk

Walker570

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Anyone heard what gun was used to shoot that poor lad. Police have said they are looking into how the shooter got access to a firearm. Mind they caught up with him driving his fathers car, so daddy could have shown him where keys to both where.

As above "Long Barrelled"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-54070568

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Link to BBC News article

I also read that the two lads used to be friends and went BB gun shooting together. I did wonder initially whether it was a BB gun shooting that had been overplayed by the media although this doesn’t seem to be the case. 

shocking though. 

36 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

22RF probably because anyhting bigger at short range would have likely taken his whole jaw off with fatal consequences.  Unless they are blowing it all up and he was hit with an airgun pellet and we all know how they perform at close quarters.

"Shot /s" were heard, so unlikely to be an air weapon, .22lr or shotty is my guess

Retaliation for bullying by an ex friend could be a cause, or he only meant to scare him for a prank and is a carp shot.

A sad event for which a lot of responsibility will be attributed to the gun owner rather than the 15 year old - although most of us on here, I suspect, were handling firearms at age 15 responsibly but those were different times with different laws.

We had a knifing at our school. A lad was stabbed in the leg by a bonehead with a bowie style hunting knife, no warning and definitely no provocation involved. The bonehead showed all the symptoms of being a psychopath so they do walk amongst us. Very lucky that did not end up as a fatality.

7 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

If he is in a "critical condition " , I doubt it was an airgun.

The press and police describe everything that goes bang as a "firearm", as real firearms are not that easy to get hold of, my guess it was a shotgun.

A friend of a friend was left as a vegetable after being shot with an air rifle. I would class that as critical. 

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

and presumably Dad will lose his guns and SGC!

Hah!!  but no mention of fathers comments on news reports just mother.   Found hiding in Grandfathers garden by one report and stopped in car another report. Might be Grandfathers shotgun ??????????????????  If it was a shotgun then it was not point blank as reported by some journalists.  Bound to have repercussions on licensing.

Assuming the report is correct - and it was a (Beretta 12g) shotgun and is now in the hands of the Police - then Mr Plod should be able to fully trace it's registered owner - who will be in hot water because he has a duty to keep it secure (and therefore by implication the keys/combination/access to any security measures - such as a cabinet - secure.)

I had discussion with an FEO some years ago about keys and was informed that keeping the keys 'secure' was most people's 'weakest link' in their security.

39 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Assuming the report is correct - and it was a (Beretta 12g) shotgun and is now in the hands of the Police - then Mr Plod should be able to fully trace it's registered owner - who will be in hot water because he has a duty to keep it secure (and therefore by implication the keys/combination/access to any security measures - such as a cabinet - secure.)

I had discussion with an FEO some years ago about keys and was informed that keeping the keys 'secure' was most people's 'weakest link' in their security.

Mine are in the first draw on the right hand side as you enter the kitchen.