New Toy.

fatchap

Finally managed to set up my new belt grinder as it comes with a complete LACK of instructions. But its the dogs danglies. 500-6000 rpm variable speed, fully adjustable everything, comes with all the fittings, small wheels, Big wheel, for your hollow grinds, apart from the guess work assembling it, the only other down side is the work rest, its quite small but thats not a problen just attach a bigger one. 

Cannot wait to start using it. Proper knife makers jobby, everything thought of and included.

belt-grinder.jpg

Please excuse the mess in the background my shed is undergoing a major refit.

Where did you acquire your grinder from, please? Would love to upgrade my 1x30 to something more serious, but have just weighed out nearly a grand on a tormek and various sharpening supplies for the new sharpening business, so whilst I'm drooling over claryx and downland engineering 2x72 machines, banging out another nearly 2k would go down with my wife like my blood pressure would when she decapitated me for splurging that kind of money on a grinder.

3 hours ago, tx4cabbie said:

Where did you acquire your grinder from, please? Would love to upgrade my 1x30 to something more serious, but have just weighed out nearly a grand on a tormek and various sharpening supplies for the new sharpening business, so whilst I'm drooling over claryx and downland engineering 2x72 machines, banging out another nearly 2k would go down with my wife like my blood pressure would when she decapitated me for splurging that kind of money on a grinder.

Fucina you can find them on Etsy. Or direct on thier website. They do a variety of 2x72 from box standard all the way up to all singing all dancing. 

I have used mine a few times now and I can't fault it. Splash out on some quality ceramic or Zirconium belts and at 6000 rpm hogs that metal off in the blink of an eye.

On 12/09/2020 at 16:39, fatchap said:

Fucina you can find them on Etsy. Or direct on thier website. They do a variety of 2x72 from box standard all the way up to all singing all dancing. 

I have used mine a few times now and I can't fault it. Splash out on some quality ceramic or Zirconium belts and at 6000 rpm hogs that metal off in the blink of an eye.

Thanks, will have a look.