A few crows

Ultrastu

I went out early Sunday morning over a barley stubble to join my mate who was already set up in the corner of a field  to try and get some crows that seem to be in plauge  numbers round our way at the moment. I set up under a tree and put out 12 flocked crow deeks and 8 full bodied pige  .the crows came in nicely in small groups of 2 or 3 ..and I shot well with my sa. Getting a fair few pairs and some long range shots also .

Nsi 32 grm no6  in 20b  . Scores were 15 crows and 3 pige  

Then today I had a cheeky after work 1.5 hours on a diced  stubbed with the .410 single hushpower .I just sat in a corner of a field in a leaf suit with a few crow deeks out . I had 10 crows and 2 pige  .and didn't miss much  .

Love those quick impromptu  sessions where its almost like taking the crows by surprise..

IMG_20200908_202516.jpg

IMG_20200908_202451.jpg

IMG_20200908_202430.jpg

👍 It’s surprising what you can achieve on corvids by just sitting in the bottom of a hedgerow. We used to have some good mornings stood with our backs to thick hawthorn and elderberry bushes alongside an abandoned railway; the crows would fly over from behind to ratch about in the cow pats. We got into the 30’s and 40’s many a time.