CCI 22 WMR 40g Gamepoint

• 1 month later...

I fear you're right. I'll have a look at Wiltshire, but I know Daunsey have some. More local places that carry them as a rule for whatever reason have run out. I would imagine Covid is causing problems regarding re-stocking. Fortunately, these would not be my first choice but I need a few brands to do an initial preferred choice assessment.

It's some time since I had a 22 Mag. One was my first rifle in the UK, then went 243 until the estate took the deer 'in house' so changed to 223 for fox. This was still too much gun so dropped to 22 Hornet. Over the passed few years I've been wondering if even this is too much for my needs. I'm now thinking  what would be the result if we were to do an honest survey of the ranges at which the majority of  foxes were shot at night. I'll keep my ideas to myself for now on the grounds that the terrain where I shoot may well not be the same as other areas where one field can be the same acreage as the individual farms over which I shoot. Having now had a look at the current offerings which did not exist when I last had one, I'm starting to form an opinion that this calibre is perfectly capable of meeting the requirements of the vast majority of the results of said survey.

175 yards with a 22 mag, surely not? That would make them a tad more popular I fancy.