Sloe, or not sloe?

Demonic69

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes, sloe!

Hurrah! Cheers TC

2 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

If your ever in doubt bite into one. You'll know its a sloe as you won't be able to spit it out fast enough and you mouth will dry a bit as its so bitter. 

I was tempted, but didn't want to look like a loon in front of the estate agent 🤣

Going to put in an offer tomorrow, don't think we'll be in before Xmas, so might need to be next year's harvest. Not convinced it's good form today pick all the sloes before we've completed.

Cheers

18 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

there not sloes, but they are just as good for adding to gin ,they are Bullaces  wild plums and they dont have as many thorns as sloes (Black Thorn) they can be added to fruit jams and Vodka, atb 

Cheers DerbyDuck

I thought bullace were larger than sloes? That's only what I gathered from a quick Google though. Is there a definitive way to check?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2020 at 18:44, Demonic69 said:

We're looking at buying a house with this tree in the garden and I'm really hoping they're sloes, as I love sloe gin and really fancy making my own. There are also apples, plums and blackberries too!

Cheers

20200909_164625_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Dunno

it could be a bullace very similar to sloe you don't seem to have the long blackthorns on them but can be used the same way as sloes