Double Whammy!!!!

fatchap

Taking down my old outdoor forge yesterday, managed somehow to cut through the cable of my angle grinder. Obviously it stopped, Just cut the live by the look of it. So I put it down with the intention to turn it off from the mains. Unfortunately it was still live, I put it down on my welding bench which I had my hand on. 240 rattled up my arm and across my chest, sending me backwards, tripped into a large crop of poorly located stinging nettles that I have been meaning to evict for a few weeks..Jesus HW was I in agony. Don't know what was worse the belt off the bench or the nettles. Stung all up my back, they cut through my jogging bottoms no problem stinging my **** in multiple locations. And me hands where I put them down to try and get back up. Not a great day yesterday.

Said to the wife this morning I will be attacking the offending nettles with the petrol strimmer, she looked at me and said "Best not eh?" I can see her point but those nettles have declared war revenge will be mine. I'll wait for her to go out and the have a rattle at them, after what could possibly go wrong?

29 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Taking down my old outdoor forge yesterday, managed somehow to cut through the cable of my angle grinder. Obviously it stopped, Just cut the live by the look of it. So I put it down with the intention to turn it off from the mains. Unfortunately it was still live, I put it down on my welding bench which I had my hand on. 240 rattled up my arm and across my chest, sending me backwards, tripped into a large crop of poorly located stinging nettles that I have been meaning to evict for a few weeks..Jesus HW was I in agony. Don't know what was worse the belt off the bench or the nettles. Stung all up my back, they cut through my jogging bottoms no problem stinging my **** in multiple locations. And me hands where I put them down to try and get back up. Not a great day yesterday.

Said to the wife this morning I will be attacking the offending nettles with the petrol strimmer, she looked at me and said "Best not eh?" I can see her point but those nettles have declared war revenge will be mine. I'll wait for her to go out and the have a rattle at them, after what could possibly go wrong?

Just a couple of points.

You need a lesson on electrical safety and grinder use and your garden is in need of some attention!:P

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just a couple of points.

You need a lesson on electrical safety and grinder use and your garden is in need of some attention!:P

and then PW will be no fun to read anymore............the world needs folk like fatchap

look....................if he stings himself to death...............dave can have his cartridges and i will have the grinder...........:yahoo:win win all round

Edited by ditchman

A guy I know removed an Oven, he flicked the switch on the wall and wondered why the clock was still on but still continued. He ended up with a right whack as he had actually turned off the washing machine.

I told him to get himself to a hospital as he was still feeling funny a while later as the shock could cause arrhythmia. I also asked if I could have his guns if the worst happened 🤣

1 hour ago, discobob said:

A guy I know removed an Oven, he flicked the switch on the wall and wondered why the clock was still on but still continued. He ended up with a right whack as he had actually turned off the washing machine.

I told him to get himself to a hospital as he was still feeling funny a while later as the shock could cause arrhythmia. I also asked if I could have his guns if the worst happened 🤣

whose the dodgy one now

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

and then PW will be no fun to read anymore............the world needs folk like fatchap

look....................if he stings himself to death...............dave can have his cartridges and i will have the grinder...........:yahoo:win win all round

Has anybody put a claim in for the welder? I’m not can I have first dibs on that please. I promise to learn how to weld as well. 

Many years ago, a guy in our regiment done the cardinal sin - pushing a mast up through trees without knowing what was above (also the fault of the recce crew really) and found power cables. He got threw off with burns and injuries from the fall off the box body, but a guy that was in the body got quite badly electrocuted, nearly died and spent months in hospital and had to have some parts amputated.  A lot of money was raised for him by the Regiment.

On his return, he apparently dropped his pants to prove he still had his manhood - I can't put in what he said as the filters will just **** the majority of it out but it was funny!!