Greys Fishing Rod Warranty

Jonty

I managed to snap one of the sections of my favourite river fly rod the other day, completely my fault (involving the tailgate of my pickup).  I’d registered the rod with Greys warranty when I bought it over 15 years back and one thing they offer is replacement sections if they have them in stock.  With the age of the rod they didn’t which I understand was a long shot, but they offered me a new rod at a discounted price.  I’ve now got a new similar spec rod coming to me with just over 50% discount.  I would have loved to have had a replacement section, but as a plan b for a 15 year old rod I must admit that I’m very happy with the customer service.

That's a reasonably happy ending to the story, my father in law is a big fan of greys rods. He got a good deal on an orvis rod a few years ago and won't use it anymore as he describes it as stiff as a poker and much rather have the more medium action of a his greys rods.

My favourite river rod was a Shakespeare Trion XT 7ft6 3-4wt. Beautiful action rod for about 85quid when they were new, unfortunately my son got his hands on it when he was about 3yrs old and snapped the tip section. It's been replaced with an el cheapo 8ft thing that chucks a line and that's about it.

• 1 month later...
On 10/09/2020 at 17:12, Rob85 said:

That's a reasonably happy ending to the story, my father in law is a big fan of greys rods. He got a good deal on an orvis rod a few years ago and won't use it anymore as he describes it as stiff as a poker and much rather have the more medium action of a his greys rods.

My favourite river rod was a Shakespeare Trion XT 7ft6 3-4wt. Beautiful action rod for about 85quid when they were new, unfortunately my son got his hands on it when he was about 3yrs old and snapped the tip section. It's been replaced with an el cheapo 8ft thing that chucks a line and that's about it.

Shakespeare make great rods for there price regarding orvis rods I broke my 5wt rod top section few years ago on six mile water I emailed or is within 2 weeks they had new section posted out free of charge I have to say I like my orvis river rod plenty of trout and dallagan hooked on it 👍👍

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

Shakespeare make great rods for there price regarding orvis rods I broke my 5wt rod top section few years ago on six mile water I emailed or is within 2 weeks they had new section posted out free of charge I have to say I like my orvis river rod plenty of trout and dallagan hooked on it 👍👍

Nice one, always fancied trying the six mile water but totally unfamiliar with the area, I'm used to the smaller rivers around me, used to work with a guy who fished the Kells river and he was adamant that it was one of the best about. I just wish plonkers would stop polluting the rivers, the six mile water seems to get done every couple of years

2 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Nice one, always fancied trying the six mile water but totally unfamiliar with the area, I'm used to the smaller rivers around me, used to work with a guy who fished the Kells river and he was adamant that it was one of the best about. I just wish plonkers would stop polluting the rivers, the six mile water seems to get done every couple of years

It’s a very nice river to fish Then come June time week either side The dallagan start running up the system The best time to fish for them is dusk just like sea trout 👍👍👍