Don't you just love Lawyers.....Quote of the week

Eyefor

Harry Dunn's alleged killer Anne Sacoolas drove on the "wrong side of the road for 20 seconds" before the fatal crash, her lawyers said.

But she was "otherwise driving cautiously and below the speed limit", her legal representatives added.

She was on the wrong side of the road. How "cautious" is that. Jeez.....

Bloody hell, she's hardly a murderer :hmm: ... It sounds like it was a horrible accident, that happened when her (as a foreign citizen) made an absolutely tragic mistake.

My brother in law after spending a few weeks abroad driving came home, was driving normally, we went shooting, and upon pulling out of the car park to go home, pulled onto the wrong side of the road with a car coming (thankfully not too close to hit us).

I shouted at him to lookout! A chilling moment.

Easily done obviously. Now imagine you hadn't just been driving on the other side of the road a few weeks, imagine it was all your life. 

The big issue is not the horrific accident. Its that her government whisked her away. Rightly or wrongly.

I doubt we would get any sort of justice by her coming back. She wouldn't get prosecuted for it, and it won't bring back that family's son 😞 

An absolutely awful situation for EVERYONE involved. 

6 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Bloody hell, she's hardly a murderer  ... It sounds like it was a horrible accident, that happened when her (as a foreign citizen) made an absolutely tragic mistake.

My brother in law after spending a few weeks abroad driving came home, was driving normally, we went shooting, and upon pulling out of the car park to go home, pulled onto the wrong side of the road with a car coming (thankfully not too close to hit us).

I shouted at him to lookout! A chilling moment.

Easily done obviously. Now imagine you hadn't just been driving on the other side of the road a few weeks, imagine it was all your life. 

The big issue is not the horrific accident. Its that her government whisked her away. Rightly or wrongly.

I doubt we would get any sort of justice by her coming back. She wouldn't get prosecuted for it, and it won't bring back that family's son 😞 

An absolutely awful situation for EVERYONE involved. 

I didn't say MURDERER, I was most specific in saying KILLER!

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Fair enough, she has to live with her mistake.

Parcel in the post!:good:

I imagine she's as famous over there as she is over here. Very distinctice name. Bet she gets "Look it's what woman who killed the British kid!" walking down the street? 

Thanks for the parcel :) Put a similarly shorter pad on my 20 bore, and made some cracking shots with it yesterday whilst walking around with the dog, so let's hope this has a similar result. 

Many years ago when we first started importing Eastern Europeans I was doing driving assesements. I took out a Polish driver, Sheffield to Lincoln. On the return trip coming down the hill A57 towards the old island where it joins the A1, i said in a mixture of English, poor Polish and German (the driver understood a little German, I speak it fluent) "Go right on the roundabout and take the A1 signposted A1 North Doncaster"

He did, 1 articulated lorry round the roundabout and an attempt at the South bound carriage way heading north. Oops.

Fortunately no collision but I certainly learnt a lesson that day.

From then, no matter the translation I always attempted the correct "go left on the roundabout and take the ** exit"

6 minutes ago, scolopax said:

Honest mistake to make with terrible consequences, she should not have fled or tried to claim diplomatic immunity but her crime was minor, albeit with severe consequences.

What he's said. Up to the "minor" part. A lad lost his life. That's not minor. Having said that I've driven in France with a British car and have used British drivers driving British vehicles in France. There's little excuse if you are alert to what you are doing. Put a coloured sticker inside the right hand bottom corner of your windscreen so you can see that that sticker is the kerb side. And repeat when needed "Turn Right - Keep Right" and "Turn left - Keep Right" "Turn Right - Keep Right"

Be clear Ms Sarcoolas was never breathalysed after the accident AFAIK? Nor was enquiry made of her state of mind when she left the base nor her waking and working hours in the time leading up to the accident. She's now had time to be briefed and re-briefed with what "script" to follow. 

Edited by enfieldspares

Having pulled away down the wrong side of the road no less than four times that I recall last time I was in France, and once shortly after my return, I feel this was a terrible accident but one where there but for the grace of god we all go. It would have been dealt with appropriately to my mind with a small fine and a profound apology assuming suitable remorse etc.

No punishment will return the kid who died or make a repeat event less likely. Whilst I understand the Americans did put up new signage to remind their people which side to drive when leaving the base in the hope of reducing the chance of a further incident the fact that they hid their citizen from what should have been a very minor punishment is hard to stomach. 

when you kill someone’s child like it or not you step up and face the fire just watched the dunn family on the news they are not wearing any lame excuses and rightly so about time we showed support for the right quarter instead of making excuses for someone who’s only thought is saving her worthless skin let’s hope harry’s family do not read the forum 

29 minutes ago, The Heron said:

She is a coward who used status to run off and escape justice. 

I agree, she deliberately did a runner.  I noted that this week the Dunn family had an Anerican lawyer putting forward a legal action against her in the USA, now that could turn out to be very expensive on her part, then today I see she is now suggesting a remote hearing.... I wonder why.  I hope the Dunn family progess with the legal case against her as that will have a much larger impact than what she would get from a British court.  

She didn't do a runner. She was basically ordered onto a plane by her government.

And for anyone who has never shifted from left to right, or right to left hand drive, go and try it for a bit and then come back and moan about sometimes getting it wrong.

Did she make a mistake -sure. But this witch hunt is disgusting to behold.

32 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

She didn't do a runner. She was basically ordered onto a plane by her government.

And for anyone who has never shifted from left to right, or right to left hand drive, go and try it for a bit and then come back and moan about sometimes getting it wrong.

Did she make a mistake -sure. But this witch hunt is disgusting to behold.

the authority’s and harrys family are not looking for a witch they are looking for a CRIMINAL killing someone because you are to selfish and ignorant to ensure your driving in the correct manner is NO mistake it’s a CRIME so let’s have a spade as a spade