Just now, snow white said:

Hi lads I have been using Hornady heads in 17 hornet for reloading but think of changing to Nozzler can anybody please tell me what the length of the head is the part that hurts from end of tip to base just the head or what ever you want to call it.

Thanks for looking 

I do believe they are called bullets!:rolleyes:

I can’t see how they are bullets till put together that is why I said what ever you want to call them please folks don’t let start a debate on this like I said earlier in question the bit that hurts.

Wemberly sorry mate should of said Armageddon ballistic tipped but thanks for your quick reply.

28 minutes ago, snow white said:

I can’t see how they are bullets till put together that is why I said what ever you want to call them please folks don’t let start a debate on this like I said earlier in question the bit that hurts.

Wemberly sorry mate should of said Armageddon ballistic tipped but thanks for your quick reply.

Once together it is a cartridge. The dimensions given are for the Varmageddon. :good:

PS Just a pointer, perhaps although I know nothing about the 17 Hornet and its ammo'. But I do know about the big brother. Had been using 40g V Max perfectly happily but decided to go for the 40g Nosler version and walked straight into a problem with pressure although well, well down fron any of the load limits. I never did find out for sure as I knocked it on the head but the rifling bearing surface of the Nosler from the ogive to the base was far greater - longer - than the of the Hornady and I wondered if this could have been rsponsible for the higher pressure - was using Lil Gun. Just a thought.

Wymberley will check that out I was wondering how far it goes back in to case that’s why I wanted the length from tip to base I set rounds to the ogive as some Hornady rounds are not all the same even with same batch num on them I only vermin shoot but I like things right.