Scope change

kingsy18

Come to the conclusion that my eyes are not as good as they used to be so considering changing a my scope.Got a meopta meostar with the illuminated dot and starting to find the crosshair and dot a bit too fine. I,m going to be looking for a scope with a slightly thicker reticle ,mag in the 3x12x50 range ,euro glass any recommendations.

Have a look at the Hawke range. Very good quality at a good price. I have six of them and one is fitted with the fine reticule you mention and it does need spot on adjustment but I can still see it clearly in normal light and also with the NV but Hawke do a whole range of reticules. I don't know what your mounting it on but if a small calibre/low recoil then look at the AirMax range with the side para adjustment which allows you to fine tune the adjustment. I use these on my rim fires and on my 7-30 Waters.

Hope this helps.

33 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Have a look at the Hawke range. Very good quality at a good price. I have six of them and one is fitted with the fine reticule you mention and it does need spot on adjustment but I can still see it clearly in normal light and also with the NV but Hawke do a whole range of reticules. I don't know what your mounting it on but if a small calibre/low recoil then look at the AirMax range with the side para adjustment which allows you to fine tune the adjustment. I use these on my rim fires and on my 7-30 Waters.

Hope this helps.

This - partly because I now have 2 of the Airmax - but also because of what you've said. They also do a small selection of reasonably well priced FFP scopes. These are not ideal if you're shooting very small targets at long range with the magnification wound up. This because as you wind up the mag' you also wind up the size/thickness of the reticle. But there may just be an advantage there for you.

Just a thought.

5 hours ago, London Best said:

Leupold do a ‘Heavy Duplex’ reticle. I have one on my stalking rifle. It covers nearly an inch at 100yds. No good for shooting targets but brilliant on deer in the woods.

These are also top notch scopes and I have had only one problem but they imediately sent me a new one no questions asked.

8 hours ago, kingsy18 said:

Come to the conclusion that my eyes are not as good as they used to be so considering changing a my scope.Got a meopta meostar with the illuminated dot and starting to find the crosshair and dot a bit too fine. I,m going to be looking for a scope with a slightly thicker reticle ,mag in the 3x12x50 range ,euro glass any recommendations.

Plenty on the market for the range your looking I tend to stick with S&Bender fixed power scope on my 222 👍👍😆