Vintage Shooting Times (Free)

Stimo22

Approx 150 vintage shooting times free to collector, these range from 1969-1988 so there is a good span of years. Some of the adverts are really interesting .

Plenty of adverts for older guns, especially AYAs

Collection only from Newport Pagnell, just off junction 14 M1

Optimized-IMG_1085.JPG

5 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

PM sent regards a potential AYA advert featuring Lord (Patrick) Lichfield.

The 1982 Christmas number of Shooting Times has a picture of Patrick, Earl of Lichfield on the back cover with what maybe an AYA 25 sidelock in a full page AYA advert. I think my Gunmark memory may have been misremembered.

AE91640A-C18D-40B7-94A5-BB06F9262377.jpeg

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

That’s the one I remember.

Many thanks for posting.

OB

You’re welcome OB .I get more pleasure reading old shooting times than I do from any new magazines. That’s a great offer from Stimo22 just too far away for me.

12 hours ago, Konor said:

The 1982 Christmas number of Shooting Times has a picture of Patrick, Earl of Lichfield on the back cover with what maybe an AYA 25 sidelock in a full page AYA advert. I think my Gunmark memory may have been misremembered.

AE91640A-C18D-40B7-94A5-BB06F9262377.jpeg

I was privileged to meet Patrick Lichfield on several occasions when he was a regular guest on a shoot where I used to help out. He always had time for a chat, whoever you were. He was a chain smoker and a pretty fair shot. I remember asking him where in the World his next photographic contract was taking him. He pretended to be bored because he had to go to the Bahamas to shoot the pictures for the next Pirelli totty calendar. Sadly missed from the shooting scene, a very nice chap and a proper gentleman.

On 13/09/2020 at 00:11, Konor said:

Gough Thomas was pictured in the 1980s adverts for Gunmark side by sides ,Arrieta etc ,I think that may be the source of confusion but not 100% sure.

I once sent some info via ST to Gough Thomas and a month later he sent a letter of thanks to  me which I have lost but it started with "your letter really brightened up my Monday".