Great Wall Steed

squirrel shooter

Not me personally but the next door farmer has one and he rates it quite well, he says it’s not the same quality as ranger/dmax but it does everything he needs and asks of it, had it about 4 yrs now and it’s never broke down or gone wrong, he doesn’t do great mileage In it, just around the farm and a few local villages, but he also doesn’t look after motors and they get some off road stick.

I used to work at a garage who were a great wall dealer. They must be made of recycled bean tins as the only car I’ve ever seen in 30 years in motor trade to be rusty before plates go on . Had loads come back with corrosion issues on body work. Head gaskets been replaced we’re common thing. If I was after a cheap pickup around 3 grand to use as a farm hack and not be bothered about probably fit the bill. We’re ok off road as did a off road experience day with them through Great Wall who were Imported by IM group same people who import Subaru  

Well I have ran a Tata Xenon double cab for four years now after seeing them while working on a project at Tata India , I bought it with 35k kms now it is at 97k kms has never let me down, has heated rear screen/mirrors, very good AC as is built for Indian weather , I do not get backache from the seats and all of it was designed by the Tata tech centre in Coventry/Warwick University. Only rust on it is on the outer body scratches/small dents from forest tracks and I cannot be ***** to touch it up as cars rust out & not in. New they were 14500 Euros, mine cost 6700 now is worth maybe 4K Euros.

1 hour ago, mr smith said:

I have to say I've never heard of Great Wall but I'm currently on holiday near Coldstream in the Scottish borders and there is a Great Wall dealer.Can't say I've seen one yet, lots of everything else but no great walls.

yep, im near Kelso and see all sorts except the walls, knew of 2 people who had one,  one had a blown engine 1200 miles, the other just got shot of it as it was cheap chinese carp.

• 1 month later...