Blair and Major join forces to defeat the Brexit

Walker570

27 minutes ago, figgy said:

Should still be caused treason, their heads should be in pikes on the railings of Westminster.

i believe during Blairs tenure..........when he wasnt filling his boots..........he ammended the Treason act............(he was proberly thinking ahead)

28 minutes ago, London Best said:

Let nobody forget B.Liar’s involvement in the hunting ban.

Or of course Ann Widdecombe who voted for the ban...yet odd to say people sent her to Europe as an MEP. Personally I'd have sooner voted to have red hot bodkins inserted under my fingernails. As the Under Secretary at the Home Office to Michael Howard piloted the Tory handgun ban through Parliament and 

Edited by enfieldspares

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Or of course Ann Widdecombe who voted for the ban...yet odd to say people sent her to Europe as an MEP. Personally I'd have sooner voted to have red hot bodkins inserted under my fingernails. As the Under Secretary at the Home Office to Michael Howard piloted the Tory handgun ban through Parliament and 

I quite like Ann Widdecome as she voted against the handgun ban. 
Howard was the one who stated after Hungerford that he could see no legitimate use for semi automatic CF rifles or sub machine guns in the UK, but then endorsed their issue to the police. 

No she didn't Scully! My you've got that belief very very badly wrong. She was the Under Secretary of Sate at the Home Office and piloted the handgun ban through the House of Commons.

My late mother...married at twenty-one and a War Widow at twenty-three used to comment thus when she saw the fool on television pontificating about this or that. "Ann Widdecombe? Never ever had even so much as a rumble in a hen house. What on Earth does anyone expect a sixty-five year old virgin to know about life?"

The Minister of State, Home Office (Miss Ann Widdecombe)

The Government have introduced legislation that will stop all handguns being kept at home—.22 rimfire handguns will have to be kept in licensed, secure pistol clubs. All higher calibre handguns will be prohibited. I believe that those provisions will give the public the protection that they need.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/1996-11-07/debates/dc546247-99bc-401c-b175-00cc856ab84d/Handguns

Edited by enfieldspares

15 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

No she didn't Scully! My you've got that belief very very badly wrong. She was the Under Secretary of Sate at the Home Office and piloted the handgun ban through the House of Commons.

My late mother...married at twenty-one and a War Widow at twenty-three used to comment thus when she saw the fool on television pontificating about this or that. "Ann Widdecombe? Never ever had even so much as a rumble in a hen house. What on Earth does anyone expect a sixty-five year old virgin to know about life?"

The Minister of State, Home Office (Miss Ann Widdecombe)

The Government have introduced legislation that will stop all handguns being kept at home—.22 rimfire handguns will have to be kept in licensed, secure pistol clubs. All higher calibre handguns will be prohibited. I believe that those provisions will give the public the protection that they need.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/1996-11-07/debates/dc546247-99bc-401c-b175-00cc856ab84d/Handguns

I can’t find the statement, so am willing to stand corrected. However, none of that means that she voted in favour of the handgun ban, merely that she was doing her job.  I still maintain that she considered the handgun ban ‘bad law‘.
I also recall her being in favour of the ban on hunting foxes.