Blair and Major join forces to defeat the Brexit

Walker570

Like I said long ago just days after the 1st referendum result and I realised just how many in power would do anything at all to block the will of the people, I think we'd be far better to just ditch the EU all together. The EU is nothing short of a bunch of bullies and will never act in fairness or good faith. I'd feel a lot brighter about this countries future without them and hopefully in the not too distant future, once the EU monstrosity has collapsed, we can attempt to reach out with sensible trade deals with other democratically rulled countries in Europe. 

On 15/09/2020 at 13:20, 12gauge82 said:

Like I said long ago just days after the 1st referendum result and I realised just how many in power would do anything at all to block the will of the people, I think we'd be far better to just ditch the EU all together. The EU is nothing short of a bunch of bullies and will never act in fairness or good faith. I'd feel a lot brighter about this countries future without them and hopefully in the not too distant future, once the EU monstrosity has collapsed, we can attempt to reach out with sensible trade deals with other democratically rulled countries in Europe. 

Wasn't the FIRST Referendum in fact the one back in the 1970s? When the UK voted to join? But be that as it may and regardless of Leave or Remain be careful what you wish for when you invoke "the will of the people". For the "will of the people" would see private ownership of firearms prohibited, shotguns likely restricted to farmers and the countryside subject to "the law of Packham" in respect of live quarry shooting. Because "the will of the people" when in the context of guns, shooting, "hunting" (as in live quarry shooting) never seem or be fair to you or on you if those pastimes are yours.

10 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Wasn't the FIRST Referendum in fact the one back in the 1970s? When the UK voted to join? But be that as it may and regardless of Leave or Remain be careful what you wish for when you invoke "the will of the people". For the "will of the people" would see private ownership of firearms prohibited, shotguns likely restricted to farmers and the countryside subject to "the law of Packham" in respect of live quarry shooting. Because "the will of the people" when in the context of guns, shooting, "hunting" (as in live quarry shooting) never seem or be fair to you or on you if those pastimes are yours.

Dress it up as much as you want, in a supposed democracy, how can you have the largest vote in the countries history and ignore the result? Any sensible person would agree you can't, the sooner we leave the better!