Harris Bipods

wymberley

I could never get on with the swivel base on the shorter 6"/9" type because whenever you place the rifle on the ground,on the bipod, the weight of the rifle +scope +add on night vision would tend to cause it to topple over. I find that its far more stable to adjust the legs to get things level.

I hate the things, they get all snarled up in the vegetation when a good split stick will do the job in spades and act as a stalking stick along the way.  Two drain pipe fittings and two nice tapered hazel sticks, with a leather loop in between.  Can be adjusted from 30 inches down to 12 inches very easily and does not cost a penny.

15 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I hate the things, they get all snarled up in the vegetation when a good split stick will do the job in spades and act as a stalking stick along the way.  Two drain pipe fittings and two nice tapered hazel sticks, with a leather loop in between.  Can be adjusted from 30 inches down to 12 inches very easily and does not cost a penny.

I don't have any of this trouble on the top of my truck or the bench rest at the back.

Try crawling through high grass and weeds in order to close the distance on a likely shot at a deer. I ditched bypods over 35yrs ago and went with the plitable stalking stick. Mine is made from two old golf club shafts. Works a treat and helps me step quietly over tricky ground when necessary.  I have a window bag for shooting out of my Landie.