F1

B725

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A Track that has NEVER held an F1 race before, I wonder why?

Cracking fast track, perhaps the rear of the pack shouldn't accelerate until it is safe to do so!!!!

The last two races have been cracking to watch. Even when I thought it had turned into a procession after the second restart and went out to do some cutting back it turns out there was another incident to try and shake it up.

I do understand the need for driver safety - last year my lad raced a load of F2 drivers on the Sim Racing at Silverstone GP and after wiping the floor with them, he had a good chat and a laugh with Anthoine Hubert who he had a bit of a battle with only for the lad to get killed at the next venue - very sad and hits home how dangerous it is as a sport. 

But they do also need build the excitement and F1 cars are fantastically built for safety.

1 minute ago, Pistol p said:

Well worth waiting to watch it, very tight racing. But whats with the Lewis Hamilton racial politics show at the end? I didn't think F1 allowed this type of tosh, I don't care for it. 
 Shame for George Russell though, he'll come good in the end.

Thankfully I had turned off by then.

21 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

Well worth waiting to watch it, very tight racing. But whats with the Lewis Hamilton racial politics show at the end? I didn't think F1 allowed this type of tosh, I don't care for it. 

totally agree............im sick to death of it........Hamilton seems to change his hair with the weather.....think he is starting down the Rastafirian route now...wouldnt surprise me if he has...a Bob Marley logo on the side of the black silver arrow soon...and runs the car on methalayted spirits

They should never be allowed any politics or personal veiws in F1 if it's not of the sport itself. Keep it for away from F1 the *** end.

I want to see more crashes and Argy bargy in the cars. They have safety cells hands and halo. Jeez it's like soldiers saying I'm not having this they're shooting at me.

Pansies grow a pair and get on with it. It's not like years ago when a driver died nearly every race or spectators got mown down. It still didn't stop them driving or spectating.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

They should never be allowed any politics or personal veiws in F1 if it's not of the sport itself. Keep it for away from F1 the *** end.

I want to see more crashes and Argy bargy in the cars. They have safety cells hands and halo. Jeez it's like soldiers saying I'm not having this they're shooting at me.

Pansies grow a pair and get on with it. It's not like years ago when a driver died nearly every race or spectators got mown down. It still didn't stop them driving or spectating.

Is that what you want to see? More deaths? 

Not at all, that's my point. They've made the cars and tracks that safe it's a very rare occurrence. Yet they still bitch and whinge. It's a dangerous sport or used to be, if they don't like get out of it. But death is a risk and part of Motorsport. 

Lots more die in bike racing, especially road races. They just get on with it accepting the risks.

12 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Its now being looked into by the FIA but im sure if they do anything there will be a backlash. 

46 minutes ago, Robden said:

Or even a blacklash. 😁 Wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton's fan base is shrinking now.

Ha. He seems to of gone a bit odd before all of this. The whole vegan thing. Making his dog vegan etc. I fully understand the racism stuff. But i also think woke people and 'white privileged' lot actually fuel it and make it worse. No one should be wrongfully killed by police and it be brushed under the carpet but sports men and women need to be clever in how they put their opinion across. 

38 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Ha. He seems to of gone a bit odd before all of this. The whole vegan thing. Making his dog vegan etc. I fully understand the racism stuff. But i also think woke people and 'white privileged' lot actually fuel it and make it worse. No one should be wrongfully killed by police and it be brushed under the carpet but sports men and women need to be clever in how they put their opinion across. 

And yet if you talk to his brother you wouldn’t know they are related. His brother, Nicolas, races with a genuine handicap and pulls his own weight with no fuss or politics. And is nice guy and approachable bloke.

44 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

And yet if you talk to his brother you wouldn’t know they are related. His brother, Nicolas, races with a genuine handicap and pulls his own weight with no fuss or politics. And is nice guy and approachable bloke.

same thing happened with Paul Macartny............got loads of money then came very insufferable and opiionated........

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Ha. He seems to of gone a bit odd before all of this. The whole vegan thing. Making his dog vegan etc. I fully understand the racism stuff. But i also think woke people and 'white privileged' lot actually fuel it and make it worse. No one should be wrongfully killed by police and it be brushed under the carpet but sports men and women  to be clever in how they put their opinion across. 

White Americans are statistically at a statistically massively higher risk of being wrongfully killed by both Black Americans AND/OR the US Police forces than Black Americans are of being wrongfully killed by US Police forces.
BLM & Antifa protests this year have killed a lot more Black Americans than were wrongfully killed by US Police for several years preceding this one.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

same thing happened with Paul Macartny............got loads of money then came very insufferable and opiionated........

...but surely he was already FROM Liverpool ??

3 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

He’s about to beat Schumacher's record on race wins .... I didn’t think that would happen.

Typical of the bloke, challenging someone in a coma to a race 😋

2 hours ago, saddler said:

White Americans are statistically at a statistically massively higher risk of being wrongfully killed by both Black Americans AND/OR the US Police forces than Black Americans are of being wrongfully killed by US Police forces.
BLM & Antifa protests this year have killed a lot more Black Americans than were wrongfully killed by US Police for several years preceding this one.

...but surely he was already FROM Liverpool ??

Typical of the bloke, challenging someone in a coma to a race 😋

I dint doubt that it happens and is happening but.. And its a big one, only the blm movement are shouting about it and the loudest. Also other's wont get the amount of support blm has done. 

6 hours ago, discobob said:

Rumour has it that Ineos are going to buy out Mercedes F1 at the end of this season but the deal would mean that the Mercedes name would still be used for 2 years. 

Really? Interesting news. Does this mean they'll have to drive all the F1's in the Ineos Grenadier? That really would level the playing field!