Gun Watch

Mossberg 500

£450

.410 Shotgun Private Seller
New Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Pump Action, -, -, - barrels
20200806_113927 20200806_113939

Description

As seen in pictures in great condition, fantastic little gun.
I only baught this gun approx 4 weeks ago and i cant get on with it for love nor money, so thats the only reason im selling.
Any inspection welcome just message or call me on 07765647562 collection from rotherham south yorkshire. J

The seller of this gun doesn't appear to be a Pigeon Watch member, to contact them please use the details on Gun Watch.

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...

Keep persevering  I bought one in February and really struggled at first. A friend of mine who is a very good shot also got one at the same time, I went out with him and watched him shoot and that gave me the confidence in the gun. I found I was shooting low but once I got the hang of it I’ve had some great days shooting with it. It’s a proper tool for pest control and where to ya nice and quiet I don’t wear any ear protection and your not disturbing anyone with it. I’ve been able to shoot a lot of places I can’t with a normal shotgun, I’ve another .410 and it’s so loud compared to the Mossberg.

Another thing with the weight of the moderator it really helps maintain your swing on flying/ moving targets. I would set some decoys up 15-20 yards away and get yourself well hidden, I find it I sit in my hide with the butt resting on my thigh it’s easier and quicker to get onto birds coming in. 
keep at it you will find the knack at some point and you will be glad you kept the gun.

if you go on YouTube there’s a bloke called the smallbore hunter he shoots really well and it should help your confidence with the gun.

Steve

Yes, it does take a bit of getting used to. If you see my crow return for yesterday you will see I had not used mine for 18months and it took me a few shots to get back into the 'swing' so to speak.  Anyone who has some shooting close to built up areas or horse stables etc., would find this little gun very handy. It cuts noise down, even with standard 3 inch. I shot a couple of times yesterday but another crow a couple of hundred yards away still set wings and came in.  It does take a bit of practise.