Basc legal expenses cover

team tractor

22 hours ago, Scully said:

I wasn’t aware there was a list, as it was stated last week prior to the legislation that organised sporting events wouldn’t be affected. 
I’ve done a few searches ( not thoroughly admittedly ) on relevant Gov websites and can find plenty regarding what we should do while participating in organised sports, but cannot find a list of those organised sports exempted by the Gov. Do you have a link? 

I posted the following information earlier in this thread in reply to one of your earlier comments:

Shooting has been included in a government list of organised sport, fitness activity or licensed outdoor physical activity that you can safely and lawfully do in groups of more than six. That clarity is very important and the government listing for shooting links to the latest BASC advice and guidance. 

See 3.16 Can I still participate in sport and physical activity in groups of more than 6? on the webpage below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, harkom said:

Scully, Big Thanks for pointing out this issue to the members.

Zapp, thank you for highlighting the minimal BSAC content on this site.... and I reckon that will be a fair representation of its minimalist representation of its' contributors interests and wishes.

C O G - do you mind if I ask if your recent flurry of activity on PW might be the result of a fall in membership income  and grumbling at t'Mill ?

Given your interest in BASC and shooting would you be interested in supporting the Parliamentary Campaign to Support Rural Britain?

BASC is searching for gamekeepers, shoots, clubs, syndicates and trade members who are willing to showcase their sport and business to their local MP.

If you are willing to assist us in this initiative please email politics@basc.org.uk

See below for more information:

https://basc.org.uk/new-initiative-seeks-to-enhance-interaction-between-parliamentarians-and-shooting/

Wow I didn’t expect this lot . my main question I’d like to know is do basc have any power ? 
The reason I wanted legal expenses is because I’ve lost my guns and I’m having silly conditions put on me. 
basc have been dealing with staffs firearms direct but I feel they’re are just excepting what they are saying and rolling over. . 
I was arrested in feb , no evidence was ever put forward after a set up. I lost all my guns and I’ve never been charged with anything, ever. Now 7 months on I can have my guns if I leave them at my parents ??? . I feel basc have just said ok then . 
I have no where to store them there so I’m being reviewed in February. 
so I can have them but I can’t have them . 
If I go legal I’ve been told I won’t get them in February either. I feel I’ve been blackmailed for doing nothing . 

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

Wow I didn’t expect this lot . my main question I’d like to know is do basc have any power ? 
The reason I wanted legal expenses is because I’ve lost my guns and I’m having silly conditions put on me. 
basc have been dealing with staffs firearms direct but I feel they’re are just excepting what they are saying and rolling over. . 
I was arrested in feb , no evidence was ever put forward after a set up. I lost all my guns and I’ve never been charged with anything, ever. Now 7 months on I can have my guns if I leave them at my parents  . I feel basc have just said ok then . 
I have no where to store them there so I’m being reviewed in February. 
so I can have them but I can’t have them . 
If I go legal I’ve been told I won’t get them in February either. I feel I’ve been blackmailed for doing nothing . 

why do people allow the police to bully them time after time over tickets being pulled what’s wrong with you make a formal complaint to the chief constable immediately and don’t wait for a review that consists of a meeting where the police attempt to bully you into giving up your tickets nothing personal mate but until you take the gloves of kiss it all good bye 

Just to clarify team tractor - you've had your guns taken away yet not committed any offence - you are a fully paid member of BASC yet nothing has been done? Just about sums them up doesn't it? What about a legal challenge from BASC, using their considerable "fighting fund", to charge the Police with theft?

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Just to clarify team tractor - you've had your guns taken away yet not committed any offence - you are a fully paid member of BASC yet nothing has been done? Just about sums them up doesn't it? What about a legal challenge from BASC, using their considerable "fighting fund", to charge the Police with theft?

no doubt he got the same advice as myself don’t rock the boat and cooperate with the police hence the mths and mths of misery and intimidation to surrender your tickets that follows the worlds worst advice 

20 hours ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

I posted the following information earlier in this thread in reply to one of your earlier comments:

Shooting has been included in a government list of organised sport, fitness activity or licensed outdoor physical activity that you can safely and lawfully do in groups of more than six. That clarity is very important and the government listing for shooting links to the latest BASC advice and guidance. 

See 3.16 Can I still participate in sport and physical activity in groups of more than 6? on the webpage below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Sorry for the slow response, have just got back from Newcastle. Lots of shooting going on over Ousby Moor on the way back! 🙂

Thanks Conor, and like I said in earlier posts, shooting didn’t need to be included in any ‘list‘ because it was never NOT included, if that makes sense, meaning it wasn’t affected by last Monday’s legislation. 
BASCS posts regarding this matter give the impression shooting wouldn’t have been able to continue ( given last Monday’s legislation ) without their intervention, or ‘lobbying‘, when this simply wasn't the case. 
I can accept BASC and others sought clarification for the benefit of those members who were confused, but the fact remains shooting wasn’t under threat, it was already exempt by dint of it being an organised sporting event, just like any other organised sporting event. 

Edited by Scully
Spelling

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

This is true, guns taken and no offence committed, they should be back in his cabinet with that situation. But police are the rule makers and we are strung by the danglies. Fight them you Could well loose your licence. Its never as straightforward as it should be at times.. 

On 17/09/2020 at 12:27, David BASC said:

Shooting did not appear in the list by magic - it was there due to lobbying. It did not say on the list, despite opposition, but for lobbying. 

Those that say otherwise … perhaps they have evidence from Parliament to back it up?

Interested to hear what the other issues that are allegedly being brushed under the carpet are

ta

David

I can fully understand why basc would jump n and claim they had anything to do with shooting being exempt as they may wish to reclaim a few points after the dismal performance over the past few years. I would say that the lords and other estate owners who are in both houses and on the verge of their season had far more influence. Also it seems a massive coincidence that as most forces are insisting on medical report before application and a lot of doctors refusing to do this that the legal help is withdrawn. Maybe with a big dose of hindsight they should have got of their hind quarters and protected their members

5 hours ago, clangerman said:

trust me when you force the police to produce any proof like all bullies they fold so fast it’s embarrassing we have the tools it’s just a case of knowing how to use them i would have staffs attempt to black mail plastered all over social media in ten secs 

The words were along the lines of .

if you go legal we will remove the chance of new conditions in February. 

The amount of paperwork work I’ve filled in is crazy.

i was set up by the police . 

Edited by team tractor

42 minutes ago, team tractor said:

i was set up by 2 police officers 

let me guess you went with the old talk to the police and cooperate advice to now find you have dug your own hole 

On 19/09/2020 at 22:06, team tractor said:

i was set up by the police . 

Sounds like a no win to me with an inevitable result. If your confident. Have you thought of a private word with your mp assume it's Chris pincher. He might have a behind the scenes chat with the right people. I think you've nothing to loose trying. 

2 minutes ago, mellors said:

Sounds like a no win to me with an inevitable result. If your confident. Have you thought of a private word with your mp assume it's Chris pincher. He might have a behind the scenes chat with the right people. I think you've nothing to loose trying. 

Great idea to be fair 👍

On 18/09/2020 at 19:28, Conor O'Gorman said:

Given your interest in BASC and shooting would you be interested in supporting the Parliamentary Campaign to Support Rural Britain?

BASC is searching for gamekeepers, shoots, clubs, syndicates and trade members who are willing to showcase their sport and business to their local MP.

If you are willing to assist us in this initiative please email politics@basc.org.uk

See below for more information:

https://basc.org.uk/new-initiative-seeks-to-enhance-interaction-between-parliamentarians-and-shooting/

My past experiences of bsacs only serve to re-inforce my opinion of its' policy makers, many of their employees/reps and their failures in several of the fundamentally important issues to the shooting sportsman.  So, in reply, there is no way that I would get involved with bsac. But thank you for the offer.