Scaffold towers - Sturdy for a larger man?

discobob

On 19/09/2020 at 12:08, fatchap said:

You can Hire a tower easy enough and erect it but without a PASMA cert you CANNOT strike it (take it down) not sure if this stupid rule applies on a residential property but its certainly in force on building sites.

I work for a hire company and the H&S rules change daily, but I'm sure that one still stands.

H&S rules do not apply when you as the owner carry out maintenance at your own property,,you are not at "work" so theres nothing for them to rule on......

Hats off to you, kind of, 

No way would i be going up any further than the 1st platform, i went stalking once (well up a high seat) took me 1/2 hour to climb up it, then finally at the top i had to do it all again to fetch my rifle. 

That's a job for the professionals, they get paid for falling down. 

12 hours ago, Dougy said:

Hats off to you, kind of, 

No way would i be going up any further than the 1st platform, i went stalking once (well up a high seat) took me 1/2 hour to climb up it, then finally at the top i had to do it all again to fetch my rifle. 

That's a job for the professionals, they get paid for falling down. 

I impressed myself TBH - not the greatest fan of heights - I nearly soiled myself up Blackpool tower several years ago walking out of the lift onto the glass floor!!! However on this occasion I didn't have any problems. As I said earlier, I am cautious enough to take my time, but not too cautious to second guess myself which is when a lot of mistakes happen. Also - for the majority I was able to butt up to the house for the at full height stuff which with the outriggers made it stable. The rest was done at the second platform where guttering was without the top platform on.

By the end of Sunday though I had had enough of climbing up and down it!! It is now in pieces up the side of the house for collection today.