Pest control Cards??

mosa

I've just posted something on here about insurance and this one caught my eye. I know a lot of shooters on here use 'business cards' to advertise their services when in fact they are part time amateurs (no offence intended but this is a fact). Now if you carry shooting insurance through membership of any of the shooting organisations READ THE SMALL PRINT as none of them cover you other than for recreational sport. Knowing insurance companies as I do it wouldn't surprise me if they used 'business cards' as a get out clause. Think on it!

It is a complete and utter waste of time (and money) leaving a calling card with 99% of farmers today, do you really believe he will be able to find your card among the all the dust on his LR dashboard and in most cases, some unreliable numpty has probably been before you and left the farmer with some unforgettable experience which is precisely why he won't let you on in the first instance!!!!!!!! :good::lol:

:lol: i created my own cards for me & a friend using photoshop - they seem to work very well in conjunction with our other references from other sites, references also help a lot with people who have had bad experiences. with the insurance thing - we hold basa insurance knowing that we're note covered on the job, but it helps to have it anyway. does anyone know who does insure people who shoot for a business (surely councils / rentakill have insurance??)

• 1 month later...
beware of vista once you deal with then they take £10-£15 a month from your account ? with out you truely knowing the bank will refund you its just a little catch by vista .noel

Ive used vista for the last three years, and have never had that happen

• 2 weeks later...

Bl**dy H**L this has seen some interest, ive never checked back from a while as you can see. Just an update for you lot in need of some. I initially west with Rabbithunters answer which were the best in my opinion although im not sure he is on there now. I used vistaprint recently but were expensive. to be honest out of the 1000's i bought ive only given 5 away with no response so keep on knocking chaps!! :whistling:

Edited by mosa

Bl**dy H**L this has seen some interest, ive never checked back from a while as you can see. Just an update for you lot in need of some. I initially west with Rabbithunters answer which were the best in my opinion although im not sure he is on there now. I used vistaprint recently but were expensive. to be honest out of the 1000's i bought ive only given 5 away with no response so keep on knocking chaps!! :blink:

:good: great option if you can afford it - although designs can be a bit limited, the ones i created have impressed many people with the content & layout, they have also helped us gain a few more sites since my last post! :yes::good:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've just posted something on here about insurance and this one caught my eye. I know a lot of shooters on here use 'business cards' to advertise their services when in fact they are part time amateurs (no offence intended but this is a fact). Now if you carry shooting insurance through membership of any of the shooting organisations READ THE SMALL PRINT as none of them cover you other than for recreational sport. Knowing insurance companies as I do it wouldn't surprise me if they used 'business cards' as a get out clause. Think on it!

Knowing the commercial and insurance worlds as I do, the definition of "business" entails the sale of a service/product for economic gain i.e. profit.

The offering of a service on its own doesn't constitute a business but if you feel strongly about it then label them "Calling cards". :welcomeani: