The Rogue lives!

Centrepin

After being in the workshops for 5 weeks and 6 days The Rogue lives again. 

Way back at the beginning of August I had my annual service and MOT few little jobs needed but nothing major. Couple of days later an air bag went, lotta cash, £600 to be exact but they told me a lot of work had to go into it as its the first time it had been replaced. Rather stupidly I believed them.

Day after I collected it, coming back from shooting total suspension collaspe. Recovered again, but this time had to pay as they don't cover "same" fault recovery within 14 days. 

Recovery driver pointed out a broken but tie wrapped into place ball joint, yes truly. 

At the garage they said nothing to do with their work and 💩 happens. After calling them what they are, I was asked to take my vehicle and leave.

Further recovery again at cost and a total rebuild of the front end suspension and airbags both sides. Of course a replacement ball joint and loadsa bushes plus labour. I also took the opportunity to have new discs and pads all round and a brake fluid change.

Dispute the fact I'm not supposed to do things, up on the ramps at home and a good visual inspection of the work done and charged for. 

During the time in the garage my battery died, so I'm giving it a few days to either recover or die again to decide if replacement needed.

My wife's been in the hospital with a broken back and I've had blood poisoning, so I think, well I hope that's all the bad luck gone.

Good news is I can go out shooting again relatively safe in the knowledge I can get back off the land😁

20200915_164415.jpg

20200915_164602.jpg

20200915_163849.jpg

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

jeeesus.........you could have bought 4 days driven shooting for those bills.........still you should be fine on your general's army pension.:lol:

More like a general army pension🤣 

Just about keeps me in cartridges, fuel, champagne and caviar. Had to get rid of the personal batman and butler don't you know. 

13 hours ago, Westward said:

Could be worse. I saw my first new type Defender today, stopped at the roadside.

At least the hazard lights were still working. 🤣

🤣🤣🤣

Unfortunately when Land Rover stopped building vehicles from mechano the real rot set it. Till then it was just part of a days tinkering to keep them running. 

I built my series from the ground up and it was fun to do and drive, I just can't imagine anyone wanting to tinker with one of these new things. 

On 17/09/2020 at 08:31, Centrepin said:

🤣🤣🤣

Unfortunately when Land Rover stopped building vehicles from mechano the real rot set it. Till then it was just part of a days tinkering to keep them running. 

I built my series from the ground up and it was fun to do and drive, I just can't imagine anyone wanting to tinker with one of these new things. 

You cant tinker with new. Its all computer driven.