Des

The Heron

Hello, I think it is a very interesting TV drama and many can remember this as well as the Fred west killings, it must be difficult for those families who lost loved ones in such a cruel way and many still not knowing where their missing family members are, cannot remember the quote of the actor writing the book when he met the detective in the pub but some humans can do such crimes that we can never comprehend the answers

It puzzles me why people find the death and destruction of other peoples lives a good topic for entertainment.

His crimes were horrific and here you are saying how good it is to watch such stuff on telly, each to their own but definitely not for me. The made up stuff in soap operas is bad enough never mind real life misery.

Guest cookoff013
2 hours ago, 39TDS said:

It puzzles me why people find the death and destruction of other peoples lives a good topic for entertainment.

His crimes were horrific and here you are saying how good it is to watch such stuff on telly, each to their own but definitely not for me. The made up stuff in soap operas is bad enough never mind real life misery.

I wasnt alive to witness the donald nielson / blackpanther murders. But i lived close to a bus station the victims family owned. 

Horrific.

Utter horror.

My dad's first daughter was murdered before I was born. I only found out a Yr before he died. He never spoke about it. It would have made headline news back in the 60s. I often wonder how my dad felt when I liked watching crime drama on TV, did it play on his mind? 

So I see what folks say about it shouldn't be shown as entertainment 

1 hour ago, washerboy said:

My dad's first daughter was murdered before I was born. I only found out a Yr before he died. He never spoke about it. It would have made headline news back in the 60s. I often wonder how my dad felt when I liked watching crime drama on TV, did it play on his mind? 

So I see what folks say about it shouldn't be shown as entertainment 

You know I only intended this thread to be of interest as to a public of my age who rembered this time and a TV programme I apologise for any hurt that I have may have caused. 

I’ve followed it and thought it superb for the ‘graft’ that went into it - the sheer work put in by the actors, the work put in by the researchers and through to costumes and set designers.

It’s factual and accurate, it’s insightful, it’s entirely harrowing without being gory and does not sensationalise etc.

If you were a loon watching this looking to hero worship or get some tips, well you’d come up short.

I felt enormous sympathy for the investigating officers and the horrors they witnessed at that time and in an era where they would have been expected to suck it up, draw a line and just move on to the next job at the end of the investigation. What they saw and dealt with - there are some things you can just never unsee.

And... everyone was smoking Players No6 - it was accurate for the period and I wanted to know where they got the ciggies from and if someone stick was holding a stock 😆

On 17/09/2020 at 07:34, Mungler said:

I’ve followed it and thought it superb for the ‘graft’ that went into it - the sheer work put in by the actors, the work put in by the researchers and through to costumes and set designers.

It’s factual and accurate, it’s insightful, it’s entirely harrowing without being gory and does not sensationalise etc.

If you were a loon watching this looking to hero worship or get some tips, well you’d come up short.

I felt enormous sympathy for the investigating officers and the horrors they witnessed at that time and in an era where they would have been expected to suck it up, draw a line and just move on to the next job at the end of the investigation. What they saw and dealt with - there are some things you can just never unsee.

And... everyone was smoking Players No6 - it was accurate for the period and I wanted to know where they got the ciggies from and if someone stick was holding a stock 😆

I used to use No 6's and when the shops were shut on a Sunday you could still get them out of the "cigarette machine"

10 minutes ago, The Heron said:

He turned out to be a butcher, cannibal and a necrophiliac I wouldn't be worried about someone having a fag 

but he's setting a bad example and children might watch the programme and copy him 😮

Edited by amateur