Packham/ Fieldsports Journal

NatureBoy

Interesting That he is promoting the mag and his article in it (calling for talks) on his social media. Not read it myself. Has anyone? Some Interesting reply's from his followers (how shall we follow you Chris?) Also that the other two of the WJ 3 not commenting or promoting it. They still to busy whipping up the rabid mob and throwing there toys out of the pram over the rule of 6 and DGS.        NB

I follow him on faceache (follow not like 🤔) and when I saw his post about this I posted along the lines of "so you've lit the fire and poured petrol on it for years and now you want to be all bffs. I think you underestimate the animosity you and your mates have caused".

2 like so far I think but just waiting for the massed offended to see it.😁

I changed from "The Field" to "Fieldsport" last year, the mag is amazing in hand, the quality of the print, the pics, and the papers is just nothing short of amazing. I don't read /everything/ but it's almost a 'coffee table book' give the care and quality they put into the printing. Makes "the field" looks like a sunday newspaper gimme in comparison.

19 hours ago, buze said:

I changed from "The Field" to "Fieldsport" last year, the mag is amazing in hand, the quality of the print, the pics, and the papers is just nothing short of amazing. I don't read /everything/ but it's almost a 'coffee table book' give the care and quality they put into the printing. Makes "the field" looks like a sunday newspaper gimme in comparison.

I agree it is very well printed and marvellous photography - but it is also very expensive.

I’ve subscribed to the Fieldsports magazine since it started. The quality of printing went up when they nearly doubled the price but I feel the quality of the written content has declined ,as buze says it is more a coffee table magazine. Plenty of full page pictures but low on written article content. I prefer the Field now but years ago thought that the Fieldsports magazine was head and shoulders above all the other shooting titles.

Just had a look at my last Fieldsports magazine ,an article “It’s all about the patina “ is nine pages long with seven and a half pages photographs and one and a half pages writing. There are thirty seven full page advertisements and 144 pages total inclusive of the back page. Cost £9.95 for a single issue .It may be just subjective but I think I enjoyed the magazine more about five years ago. Unfortunately I pass the magazines on so don’t have an older magazine to compare but from memory there seemed to be more written content when it was cheaper about mid 2018 back.