Badger finding worms.

Dave-G

It really surprised me, our local golf course green keeper asked me to keep an eye on things as he was blaming kids from two very near council estates for umpteen divots.

I'd had a word with a bunch of lippy youths vandalising the greens with golf clubs a few weeks ago, they claimed to be practicing - yet apparently didn't know there were T off positions... I'd previously suggested it might be badgers digging worms because one of the green holes with no flag in had a **** in it.

I've only been spotting them in the last month or so, two seem to have recently taken up residence in a neighbouring SSI being reclassified as a nature reserve. 

The clip was so stable because it was made using a magnetic car roof spotter with a 75mm lens.

I'll be taking another look with a different mag mount spotter and a 135mm lens fitted (which just happens to be for sale on here if anyone is interested. It will be sold with both a 50mm spotting lens and a 135mm F3.5 close up/bait station lens. I'll be posting some videos of it in the sale thread later)

Edited by Dave-G

• 1 month later...

On my dairy farm perm I once managed to (due to a good wind being in my favour ) slowly walk up to and tap a young one on the bum with my stick whilst out lamping bunnies .... he was so intent on digging up something he never noticed me ..... even when I tapped his bum it took 2 times before he trundled off over the field

seen two of em gathering worms through  my kitchen window on a rainy night , oblivious to me only five foot from them , I offten hear em snuffeling about at night but I don't see any hedgehogs worming these days !

Edited by derbyduck
not right in the head.