FALLOW SEASON.

Frank

Hi all,

Was out with my freind today, in the wilds of Ireland, stalking fallow bucks.

This paricular place has been taken over by them, they are eating the poor farmers out of their home with the amount of grass they have eaten. :lol:

We were called about this matter last week, so after discussing the palaned approach, we set of at day break, across the feilds, searching slowly as we went.

Was not too long, when we spoted a herd of 18 fallow bucks of variouse ages, pricketts, mature ect.

Not an wasy stalk, as the only approach was from a hill and a possibility of being spoted on the brow, but going around the edge, seem to work. :lol:

I was handed my freinds .308, my heart started to drum :lol: , right, i had to over come this buck fever i thought, so settled down and cooled off for a bit, it worked nicely and we spied the pricketts and selected a few that we decided to take out. I was watching the leader and as he seemed to be limping, i settled the cross hairs on the lungs/top of heart and sqeezed, a load crack and thwack!!, he was down, some caliber this .308 :lol::lol::lol: .

They sped off, going in all directions, the T8 on the rifle makes an awfull difference i reckon, as they all stoped again, the second buck fell to the shot, just as quick as the first. They ran a bit more and stoped again, another hit the floor, number 3, all of a sudden, i felt calm and my mind was on the job.

The deer rand to the left of us by this stage and hoping about everywhere, number 4 did not hop anymore, he did not feel a thing.

I was WELL impressed with the .308, it has some deadly knock down power!!!!!

Pics below. The farmer was delighted, as he was having a hard time and came out with his tractor, to help bring them to an access track, via the road, as we were in the **** end of nowhere. B) :lol:

A great start to the Deer season, especialy so, as i got to use my freinds .308 :lol:

All the best :rolleyes:

http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3deer2wc5.jpg

http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3fallowox8.jpg

http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tractorhelpme3.jpg

Frank.

Thanks folks. :rolleyes:

Yes Rob, my guns have left home, but are still at the firearms dealers on the shelf, looking for their new homes. :lol:

Their has been some interest, but they seems to be one man type opf guns? :lol: B)

As you can see, i get to shoot with my freinds, when ever their available, which is often. :lol:

Frank.

Thats good you can get out and enjoy your shooting still,anyone who has read your posts will know you are a true sports man who enjoys his shooting.Keep the storys and pics coming i realy enjoy looking at them and im sure a lot of other people do.I suppose there is a good side to you not having your guns.The foxes in your area can sleep with both eyes shut :rolleyes:

Well done Frank, yet another fantastic read from one of the Irish contingent, you boys over there make me real jealous some days and your gonna have some nice venison of them 4 mate :rolleyes:

:lol: , Have them hanging in a cooler at present at my mates. He has 2 and i have 2, farmer wants 1, so plenty to go around. B) Lots of meat lazza. :lol: cheers mate. :lol:

Cheers TY. :lol:

Frank.