Where are all the pigeons?

Longbower

On 01/10/2020 at 00:33, Balotelli said:

Generally, before a vowel or an "h" it is an. For example, an hotel, an honest one etc. I'm always happy to help whether grammar or shooting matters. Just ask! 

Balotelli,

It may not be included in the pinned rules of the forum but it is generally accepted that criticising other poster’s grammar and spelling is not acceptable.

If you spent more time out looking for pigeons as opposed to spending time moaning about the lack of them in your area you may eventually be able to contribute in the ‘Talk from the field’ thread. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/10/2020 at 00:33, Balotelli said:

Generally, before a vowel or an "h" it is an. For example, an hotel, an honest one etc. I'm always happy to help whether grammar or shooting matters. Just ask! 

wot are yew a' doin orn boi......blast yew a' dunt wont all that a squit orn here olwe partner...

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Balotelli,

It may not be included in the pinned rules of the forum but it is generally accepted that criticising other poster’s grammar and spelling is not acceptable.

If you spent more time out looking for pigeons as opposed to spending time moaning about the lack of them in your area you may eventually be able to contribute in the ‘Talk from the field’ thread. 

image.png.6f2c3ef7982e8d81bdf473ef8eb6029b.png

11 hours ago, JDog said:

Balotelli,

So, do you think that it is acceptable to make personal attacks and rubbishing members views? Because I don't. I  have never criticised a post for its content. Everyone is entitled to their views and if Forum members don't like them then either ignore the post or reply with a measured response and not some brainless personal comment. If I am on the receiving end of such unnecessary and unwarranted comment then it is likely to receive a vitriolic response. Healthy dialogue is great but I'm not prepared to be on the receiving end of rude "smart" verbiage. Maybe, JDog, although not pinned, manners and decorum should be an integral part of communicating. What do you think?

37 minutes ago, Balotelli said:

So, do you think that it is acceptable to make personal attacks and rubbishing members views? Because I don't. I  have never criticised a post for its content. Everyone is entitled to their views and if Forum members don't like them then either ignore the post or reply with a measured response and not some brainless personal comment. If I am on the receiving end of such unnecessary and unwarranted comment then it is likely to receive a vitriolic response. Healthy dialogue is great but I'm not prepared to be on the receiving end of rude "smart" verbiage. Maybe, JDog, although not pinned, manners and decorum should be an integral part of communicating. What do you think?

Shut up you talk tripe half the time ... 20 month ago I came on this site asking about getting my license with a criminal past and got an invite to shoot pigeons if I got it  and had hair and teeth (I only had teeth) and here I am now with a permission gifted to me by a PW member because I don’t  talk ******** (there is  a word but I don’t want to get kicked off again )to fellow shooters and try and alienate them just do your sen a favour and get out on your perm if you really have one and shut the **** up moaning ...... P.S. am dyslexic and was a bit ****  at  all things to do with English lessons but can put enough words together even if not right) to be a valued member of PW ( hope am right in saying that )

Edited by Jacko3275

9 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Shut up you talk tripe half the time ... 20 month ago I came on this site asking about getting my license with a criminal past and got an invite to shoot pigeons if I got it  and had hair and teeth (I only had teeth) and here I am now with a permission gifted to me by a PW member because I don’t  talk ******** (there is  a word but I don’t want to get kicked off again )to fellow shooters and try and alienate them just do your sen a favour and get out on your perm if you really have one and shut the **** up moaning ...... P.S. am dyslexic and was a bit ****  at  all things to do with English lessons but can put enough words together even if not right) to be a valued member of PW ( hope am right in saying that )

Well Jacko we'll have to beg to differ on the "tripe" But you really didn't need to respond to my post unless you are taking up cudgels on behalf of other members. I appreciate that you and JDog are good friends.  My post wasn't aimed at him in any derogatory way. Clearly, I have no idea of your past but I do wish you luck going forward. And I really do mean that. Everyone deserves a second chance. But I would advise to chill a little before firing off a post.

8 minutes ago, Balotelli said:

Well Jacko we'll have to beg to differ on the "tripe" But you really didn't need to respond to my post unless you are taking up cudgels on behalf of other members. I appreciate that you and JDog are good friends.  My post wasn't aimed at him in any derogatory way. Clearly, I have no idea of your past but I do wish you luck going forward. And I really do mean that. Everyone deserves a second chance. But I would advise to chill a little before firing off a post.

do you want to know  why because you are peeing people off 

Edited by yickdaz

35 minutes ago, Balotelli said:

your just the moaning  kid  on the street who really wanted to play with other people toys cos you ain’t got any or are you the rich kid with all the toys and no friends nough  said 

Edited by Jacko3275

Just to reiterate my position. If some Forum members don't like my posts that's fine. It's easy. don't bother to read them and certainly don't reply with personal insults. It seems that some of my posts seem to have "ruffled a few feathers".  That should be healthy as otherwise there is a tendency towards stale debate. On the reverse side of the coin, many of the Topics that I have broached have received a great many replies and many views. I just don't believe that the bulk of Forum members are enraged by my posts. My guess is that the silent majority don't mind my comments and it is the vociferous minority who are feeling uncomfortable as for some, or many reasons, they are feeling outside of their comfort zone.