Where are all the pigeons?

9 hours ago, Balotelli said:

For some time I have been saying there are few pigeons in Leicestershire. Either they have all died from pigeon-pox or they have emigrated. What is the situation in Norfolk, normally a haven for pigeons?

Norfolk is very heavily involved in game shooting at this time of the year, a lot of stubble fields would be used for Partridge shooting and the fields would be out of bounds for pigeon shooting .

Also a lot of people who shoot pigeons are into wildfowling and take part in the shoots , so although the pigeons are still about you will find this is the quite time of the year as far as pigeon shooting go .

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Norfolk is very heavily involved in game shooting at this time of the year, a lot of stubble fields would be used for Partridge shooting and the fields would be out of bounds for pigeon shooting .

Also a lot of people who shoot pigeons are into wildfowling and take part in the shoots , so although the pigeons are still about you will find this is the quite time of the year as far as pigeon shooting go .

Thanks for the reply. There is nothing on the stubble here whether game shoots or not. They just seem to have vanished from everywhere. 

On 17/09/2020 at 12:51, motty said:

You can say "there are no pigeons in Leicestershire," but that is simply not the case. You obviously haven't checked all the fields etc in Leicestershire. 

Hi Guys must agree with Motty No pigeons in leicestershire

I pigeon shoot in East Leicestershire and have done so on and off for quite a few years

Believe me there are plenty of birds out there Don't throw your gear away yet guys

Some times its a bit like the old Wild west films "I can't see know injuns out there sergeant next thing you know you have an arrow through your hat"

they could be in the stubble / in the woods  even on some one else's fields or even in the suburbs but they are there in big numbers

Dave 

Sign In - Pigeon Watch Forums.html