New Shooter from Scotland!

Cmurray199

Hi All,

I am a new shooter based in Scotland and just went through the process of applying for my first FAC and SGC!

Process was very straight forward and as they misplaced my form I have been waiting months for it now 😞

Should be getting them through the post within the next week or so and thought I would ask any advice for beginners?

What should I think about buying first and if anyone in Scotland could tell me anywhere for beginners to go shooting would be great

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Cmurray199 said:

Glasgow :) 

Don’t know anywhere your way but suggest you find a good clay ground and start with some lessons even before buying a gun. Will give you a feel for what suits and a good instructor will happily give some advice on guns to start with according to budget.

Good luck

14 minutes ago, Cmurray199 said:

Thanks, I have been to a few clay grounds round about Glasgow,  im pretty sure i know what im going to get for my budget but there is so much to choose from! 

Welcome! What kind of shooting are you interested in??

8 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

I'm confused .

Surely you must know which type of rifle to buy if you have specified a calibre on your fac.?

And have an idea of which type of shotgun your interested in if you have been clay shooting or game  /pigeon shooting before ? 

What type of target shooting did you do ? .

So I was just advised what to put on my cert based on what my father in law does , so ive put on a .22 and a 243 

So I know which Caliber to buy but I dont know which actual firearm I should be looking at if you know what I mean?

I have only been to the club and shooting at a 25y target But i would like to be shooting at like 100yards etc. 

It would most likely be a clay gun as ive been there a few times and enjoyed it. 

On 19/09/2020 at 21:22, Lowrie59 said:

Always great to see a new member .....pop down to the shooting school in ayreshire when you get your licence and have a wee try of the guns they have in stock...I was down last weekend and they have a good stock in at the moment

I will do , been down a few times I think ill get the kofs -  they are closed for 2 weeks so should work in perfectly