Jump to content

Got a Notice of Intended Prosecution Dual purpose Vehicle - Help required


Recommended Posts

According to Nissan my NP300 weighs 2038kg with just creeps under the threshold

On 21/09/2020 at 17:06, chilly1981 said:

Are you sure with your navara. As all the double cabs according to the Nissan brochure are all over 2040kg 

the lightest double cab is visa spec that comes in at 2070kg 

as this is one of things that has put me off getting one 

According to Nissan my NP300 comes in at 2038kg with is just under the threshold

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fishingtex said:

According to Nissan my NP300 weighs 2038kg with just creeps under the threshold

According to Nissan my NP300 comes in at 2038kg with is just under the threshold

 

Rear Tyres - Rims dimensions : 255/60 R18 
 
Front Wheels Width : 7,0"
 
Rear Wheels Width : 7,0"
 
Curb Weight : 2038 kg OR 4493 lbs
 
Weight-Power Output Ratio : 10.7 kg/hp
 
Trunk / Boot capacity : - L
 
Steering : Rack and pinion Hydraulic 
 
Front Suspension : Coil springs. 
 
Rear Suspension : Coil springs. Beam axle.
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, fishingtex said:

According to Nissan my NP300 weighs 2038kg with just creeps under the threshold

According to Nissan my NP300 comes in at 2038kg with is just under the threshold

 

See this is where is all becomes unclear as the pic attached the line with them all just above the weight is the minimum kerb weight from the Nissan brochure 

what trim level and year is yours please as if I can find one that stated like yours I could be tempted to get one 

E17984DE-E814-48F8-B471-3936153053C7.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mickeydredd said:

out of interest, is it insured under a private or commercial insurance policy?

Afternoon all - glad its not me that is confused by this !!!

I am not an habitual speeder and if I had known I should have been doing under 50 I would had been under 50 set using cruse control and checked on sat nav  when I went past the mobile van !!!  I will In future I will even if i am successful in appealing this !

Mickeydredd - I wander if this has triggered this as its insured under a  Commercial vehicle policy ( direct line van ) as I do do a SMALL amount of claimable millage due to fixing computer hardware at a number of our server rooms so best way to ensure I was covered for this.

Fishingtex - Me too even not just on this forum but a few other i frequent

After asking a few fellow Van drivers it seems North yorks mobile cameras are somewhat renowned for this.

A further question(S) if anyone still reading this if i Appeal do I loose my right to 

a) speed awareness course ( never been on one ) last points were > 10 years ago 

b) taking the Three points rather than sitting infront of a judge 

my other comment and this is my personal take I drive a 6 seater van so I can take my family and mum and dad out the van ways a lot less than some 4 wheel drives and LESS than a lot of TESLa's it has the same brakes as one that can run around with 3.5 tones. it drives like a car it handles like a car it just looks like a VAN. it seems very draconian not to look at this again and level things up !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Agriv8 said:

Mickeydredd - I wander if this has triggered this as its insured under a  Commercial vehicle policy ( direct line van ) as I do do a SMALL amount of claimable millage due to fixing computer hardware at a number of our server rooms so best way to ensure I was covered for this.

I asked as when I got my L200 I had to insure it under commercial insurance, but I too don't do any commercial work in it and got it due to having hawks/dogs/etc to cart around the country. 

I posted a guide on here a couple of months back which showed that only the L200 and another one or two pickups fell under the weight limit to classify as a car and therefore be subject to car speed limits.  I have been okay so far (4 years now) adhering to the car limits but I still will not be surprised if a ticket comes through post at some point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Afternoon all - glad its not me that is confused by this !!!

I am not an habitual speeder and if I had known I should have been doing under 50 I would had been under 50 set using cruse control and checked on sat nav  when I went past the mobile van !!!  I will In future I will even if i am successful in appealing this !

Mickeydredd - I wander if this has triggered this as its insured under a  Commercial vehicle policy ( direct line van ) as I do do a SMALL amount of claimable millage due to fixing computer hardware at a number of our server rooms so best way to ensure I was covered for this.

Fishingtex - Me too even not just on this forum but a few other i frequent

After asking a few fellow Van drivers it seems North yorks mobile cameras are somewhat renowned for this.

A further question(S) if anyone still reading this if i Appeal do I loose my right to 

a) speed awareness course ( never been on one ) last points were > 10 years ago 

b) taking the Three points rather than sitting infront of a judge 

my other comment and this is my personal take I drive a 6 seater van so I can take my family and mum and dad out the van ways a lot less than some 4 wheel drives and LESS than a lot of TESLa's it has the same brakes as one that can run around with 3.5 tones. it drives like a car it handles like a car it just looks like a VAN. it seems very draconian not to look at this again and level things up !

Agri, why don't you ask HMRC for clarification ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...