Adjustable Comb

The Heron

Out of idle curiosity I looked at the option of a replacement adjustable stock from Beretta. For a SP1 Sporting, with foregrip they’re s €927 (£830) I wonder how this price compares to alterations by a gunsmith?

Edited by Bobba

8 hours ago, Gunman said:

I am curious as to why  you want one ? 

Ditto. And I say that as someone who has a SP1 Sporter with adjustable comb. It felt OK in the shop and haven’t adjusted it since. A case of marry in haste and repent at leisure it spends most of its’ life in the cabinet. Would sell at right price!

I altered the comb on my K80 a few times during the time I had it. Only because mates noticed I was missing everything over the top. Checked and the Combe needed to go down a little, put weight on being office bound for a while. Soon as more active altered it back. Unless your body stays the same adjustable comb can be advantageous.

Edit typo

Edited by figgy

13 minutes ago, figgy said:

I altered the comb on my K89 a few times during the time I had it. Only because mates noticed I was missing everything over the top. Checked and the Combe needed to go down a little, put weight on being office bound for a while. Soon as more active altered it back. Unless your body stays the same adjustable comb can be advantageous.

Yes, but far too many people just fiddle with them.

24 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes, but far too many people just fiddle with them.

I had a classic example of that last Saturday. The shooter in question had raised the 'adjustable comb' so high he was getting nose bleeds  ! The side of his face was red and bruised. He was blaming the cartridges.  I dropped the comb down to almost flat, strangely his scores went up and the same cartridges no longer hurt him  ?  I do NOT understand why they do it.  

5 minutes ago, London Best said:

Because they don’t know what they are doing.

THIS was an experienced shooter. When he 'dry mounted' his gun I could see his entire eye and most of his cheek, as I watched his head was going down, and down, trying to align his eye with the rib. When he shot (gun down) he did not have time to press his head down that far, so the gun smacked him under the cheekbone. When he mounted the gun after the comb was dropped, I could see his entire eye, but then it started to disappear behind the top lever. Of course, when he actually mounted on a clay, he had no time to drop his head so hit the target but without the pain  !