Malmo "The Bridge" [TV series]

islandgun

Reading the Swedish thread prompted me to mention the the TV drama "The Bridge"  set in Malmo Sweden and Denmark it follows the exploits of a outspoken and attractive policewoman. We watched it with subtitles and was one the best programmes  iv'e seen of it type, 4 seasons the first 2 on i player and the second two on amazon.. 👍

4 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Reading the Swedish thread prompted me to mention the the TV drama "The Bridge"  set in Malmo Sweden and Denmark it follows the exploits of a outspoken and attractive policewoman. We watched it with subtitles and was one the best programmes  iv'e seen of it type, 4 seasons the first 2 on i player and the second two on amazon.. 👍

Hello, I have watched all the series when first shown on TV, as an avid watcher of TV drama for many many years this has to be one of the best to come out of Sweden, although the French drama Spiral was on par and that is worth watching👍

Started watching this last night.
We watched the third series ( I think ) last year sometime, which wasn’t subtitled, so have gone back to the very start with the current first two series. 
One of the bigger stars from ‘Killing Eve’ is in the series we watched last night, looking much younger and lighter than he does in ‘Killing Eve’, which makes me think it’s a much older series. 

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

Started watching this last night.
We watched the third series ( I think ) last year sometime, which wasn’t subtitled, so have gone back to the very start with the current first two series. 
One of the bigger stars from ‘Killing Eve’ is in the series we watched last night, looking much younger and lighter than he does in ‘Killing Eve’, which makes me think it’s a much older series. 

I think the 3rd and 4th series came out a decade later than the 1st two,  I hadn't heard of it until recently, watched the final episode last night and now feel at a bit of a loss..😃 but will be checking out OPP's French Spiral, cheers OPP

My mum watched The Spiral and recommended it to my wife a few years ago, sadly we do not get time to watch television any more due to work and children. We watched and enjoyed the first series of The Bridge when it was broadcast on BBC, the second series came at a time when we had limited free time and I could not suspend my disbelief for long enough to enjoy it. Getting 5 mins here or there to read PW is my free time now! 

23 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I think the 3rd and 4th series came out a decade later than the 1st two,  I hadn't heard of it until recently, watched the final episode last night and now feel at a bit of a loss..😃 but will be checking out OPP's French Spiral, cheers OPP

Cardinal is well worth a look if you’re stuck for something to view. 👍

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

Cardinal is well worth a look if you’re stuck for something to view. 👍

cheers

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Nice 1977 911 she drives in it too.

Indeed what a cracker...both !

2 minutes ago, amateur said:

We watched "Spiral" when it first came out and were hooked. Now feeling withdrawal symptoms!

Another good one, but on Prime, is "Little fires everywhere" which we binge watched

will check that out as well

19 hours ago, islandgun said:

👍👍

Watched some of the first series of Spiral last night [thanks to all for the heads up]  Enjoyed it so far despite the then craze for not holding the camera steady, Wasn't fazed too much by the defaced girl or even the stabbed baby but the druggie eating his own faeces had me grabbing for the sick bucket..🤢... looking forward to seeing some more tonight..👍

Another series well worth a watch is Norsemen. Probably the most bizarre comedy ive seen, Vikings struggling with their emotions and art whilst raping and pillaging anything that moves,  We watched the "English" version which is the same as the English spoken in N Wales, really funny  The last series is a Prequel so watch that first 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norsemen_(TV_series)