Sub £700 223

BrowningDJC

3 hours ago, BrowningDJC said:

Hi all, been looking at Howa 1500, Winchester XPR and Remington 700’s. Has anyone got any recommendations and which bullets work well in them? Will be used for the odd muntjac but mainly fox and long range corvids. Want to buy new. Thanks.

The 700’s are an old design now, and although there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it as it has stood the test the time, the majority dont have detachable mags, which can be a bore. 
I have had both Tikka and 700 in the past, can thoroughly recommend either, especially the former. 

So remi 700, battleproven sniper rifle action of the US military for years, works not fancy but totally customisable as well.  

Howa modified/adjusted  700 action works and you can get a micro action for the 223

winchester xpr not used one much can’t comment.  

Tikka older ones great The T3 is a long action for all case lengths to much action IMHO for a 223 be ok in 3006 etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2020 at 11:38, BrowningDJC said:

Hi all, been looking at Howa 1500, Winchester XPR and Remington 700’s. Has anyone got any recommendations and which bullets work well in them? Will be used for the odd muntjac but mainly fox and long range corvids. Want to buy new. Thanks.

I should be having the 1500 varmint model today

from what I.ve seen and read on the net and YouTube anything from 40 to 70 grains is possible 

670 quid rifle and pictinny scope rail only so its in your price range 

Edited by hafod

7 hours ago, hafod said:

from what I.ve seen and read on the net and YouTube anything from 40 to 70 grains is possible 

I think twist rate may have alot to do with the weight of bullet the barrel can stabilise.

I await the imput of more knowledgeable riflemen.