£70k...

washerboy

6 numbers up & I am on the first flight out of ****hole UK for Canada, as I have not done the lotto for the last 5yrs ****hole UK I shall remain 😂

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

6 numbers up & I am on the first flight out of ****hole UK for Canada, as I have not done the lotto for the last 5yrs ****hole UK I shall remain 😂

On 20/09/2020 at 21:13, NoBodyImportant said:

For under 60k USD the new corvette looks amazing.  But then I remember that’s 1/3 of the value of my house.  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyYx8Qqg5If0N2jnHto9M

Or come to the UK and the few i've seen up for sale at £130,000 plus. But i do think they look sexy as hell.

On 21/09/2020 at 19:48, countryman said:

Get yourself a Porsche Carrera 4s 997 , sensible money used , and for us 50 something it will make you feel like your hairs grown back. 

Great cars so long as you buy the second generation, 997.2. dfi engine with none of the problems of the 996  & 997.1 can suffer.

They are a very nice drive and quick enough to be fun without getting silly.

On 22/09/2020 at 15:46, London Best said:

Are they still made from plastic these days? A mate had one in the 70’s/80’s and it was plastic.

I think around 78 they made bumbers or of polymer but they core panels has always been fiberglass.  

On 22/09/2020 at 15:19, fse10 said:

Or come to the UK and the few i've seen up for sale at £130,000 plus. But i do think they look sexy as hell.

Even at that price it’s a bargain for the horsepower.  

On 23/09/2020 at 03:28, figgy said:

Great cars so long as you buy the second generation, 997.2. dfi engine with none of the problems of the 996  & 997.1 can suffer.

They are a very nice drive and quick enough to be fun without getting silly.

The 997 is the prettiest porsche in my opinion. I given the price jump to a 997.2 I wouldn't be scared off the earlier engine from all the scary stuff written about them. Most will have had the IMS bearing sorted now.

3 hours ago, theshootist said:

The 997 is the prettiest porsche in my opinion. I given the price jump to a 997.2 I wouldn't be scared off the earlier engine from all the scary stuff written about them. Most will have had the IMS bearing sorted now.

Surprised at how many have not been changed. 

To my eye the 964 is best looker, the 997.2 is a good looking Porsche with the led lights it's a little more modern looking.  If a 997.1 in GT3 or turbo spec no ims or bore scoring issues being a Mezger engine.

• 2 months later...
On 21/09/2020 at 19:48, countryman said:

Get yourself a Porsche Carrera 4s 997 , sensible money used , and for us 50 something it will make you feel like your hairs grown back. 

Very sensible car, can be used all year in all weathers.  Is this what you have countryman ?

My neighbour has a 2019 boxter GTS but the 2.5 turbo engine not the 4.0 na, in the exact same colour as your pic.

Surprised to find the 4.0 l engine Porsche used was not the same as the 997 gt4 4.0 or even a bored out 3.8 but the 3.0 turbo unit fitted to the 991 2 & 992 911's  turbos removed and bored out to 4.0l. just know at some point, someone will put a couple of turbos back on one.

Edited by figgy

23 hours ago, figgy said:

Very sensible car, can be used all year in all weathers.  Is this what you have countryman ?

My neighbour has a 2019 boxter GTS but the 2.5 turbo engine not the 4.0 na, in the exact same colour as your pic.

Surprised to find the 4.0 l engine Porsche used was not the same as the 997 gt4 4.0 or even a bored out 3.8 but the 3.0 turbo unit fitted to the 991 2 & 992 911's  turbos removed and bored out to 4.0l. just know at some point, someone will put a couple of turbos back on one.

Yes and I love it, I am a Petrol head and all ways will be, or at least until I am arrested for not having a hair dryer powered electric car. 😁