£70k...

washerboy

On 08/12/2020 at 21:20, Alex1Nat2 said:

997.2 or 991.1, this is the real question.

Easy, do you drive for pure enjoyment and feedback or do you want more luxury in a bigger car. The 997.2 is hydraulic steering and smaller with great feedback. The 991.1 is more luxury inside, a lot more electronics, same engines but some models have active engine mounts. Can't see anything if you lift the rear engine cover two fans in housing two fill caps, one for oil one for coolant. On a 997.2 you can get to the engine yourself and work on them if you want to.

Both very good and nice cars.

2 hours ago, figgy said:

Easy, do you drive for pure enjoyment and feedback or do you want more luxury in a bigger car. The 997.2 is hydraulic steering and smaller with great feedback. The 991.1 is more luxury inside, a lot more electronics, same engines but some models have active engine mounts. Can't see anything if you lift the rear engine cover two fans in housing two fill caps, one for oil one for coolant. On a 997.2 you can get to the engine yourself and work on them if you want to.

Both very good and nice cars.

I also have a mk3 GT6, now that straight 6 is a gem to work on just flip the bonnet and the whole engine is in front of you.

I always wanted a Triumph GT6 in the late 80's, trouble was they were all rotten or garage queen's. That silky smooth straight six 2.5l 

Came close to buying a Spitfire too at one point, day before I was to veiw it the rear axle snapped, same full clamshell bonnet. 

Seen a 997.2 Carrera 4 GTS earlier today, didn't look as nice in the flesh as in pics. The wheels done nothing for it, car was white, black center locks.  Prefer the look of the C4S with silver wheels.

Edited by figgy

16 hours ago, London Best said:

I drove my mate’s, I think it was a ‘76 model? It was pretty horrible due to the resonance through the bodywork. 

That Vette had probably had the body off a few times, but they were never quiet. Shouldn't have had vibration though

A lot of Lotus cars were the same but with horribly hard suspension as well

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

That Vette had probably had the body off a few times, but they were never quiet. Shouldn't have had vibration though

A lot of Lotus cars were the same but with horribly hard suspension as well

Actually, I doubt the body had ever been removed as the Corvette was only 2/3 years old at the time. From memory (now fading) it was more a drumming than vibration.