Motty - not just a pretty face.

JDog

Some PW readers may recall that back in July I took a friend from North Yorkshire out for his first decoying session. He did pretty well so I asked him for a second time and he did even better. I haven't seen him since but he did email me to say that he had been out on his own subsequently and had shot 30 mixed corvids and pigeons.

He also told me that he had joined a Wildfowling Club somewhere between Lincolnshire and Norfolk and that he was going out for a session with a mentor to teach him some first principles. Well he went last weekend and had three trips out and thoroughly enjoyed himself with a chap called Wayne and he couldn't wait to tell me all about it.

I can imagine the scenario of Motty and G. sitting on the foreshore with Pinks calling. If I am allowed to do so I may tag along if there is another time with camera not gun.

On 21/09/2020 at 11:02, JDog said:

Some PW readers may recall that back in July I took a friend from North Yorkshire out for his first decoying session. He did pretty well so I asked him for a second time and he did even better. I haven't seen him since but he did email me to say that he had been out on his own subsequently and had shot 30 mixed corvids and pigeons.

He also told me that he had joined a Wildfowling Club somewhere between Lincolnshire and Norfolk and that he was going out for a session with a mentor to teach him some first principles. Well he went last weekend and had three trips out and thoroughly enjoyed himself with a chap called Wayne and he couldn't wait to tell me all about it.

I can imagine the scenario of Motty and G. sitting on the foreshore with Pinks calling. If I am allowed to do so I may tag along if there is another time with camera not gun.

You would be more than welcome JDOG, with or without a gun. 

On 21/09/2020 at 11:02, JDog said:

G is a thoroughly nice chap. I tried my best to get him properly stuck in the mud on his first outing, which he seemed to enjoy. 

We had those three flights on fairly big tides. As I predicted, the bag was to remain empty, but we both enjoyed the experience. I plan to get him under a few birds next time.

J, you are welcome to tag along. I would prefer it if you were there with gun in hand.

On 22/09/2020 at 20:10, Manish said:

Glad to know it all went well. Did you down any birds??

It was reasonably quiet, as is the norm for the start of the season. We only had a couple of shots at mallard in the half light.

I will sort out when I am taking you out very soon.

On 23/09/2020 at 20:57, motty said:

It was reasonably quiet, as is the norm for the start of the season. We only had a couple of shots at mallard in the half light.

I will sort out when I am taking you out very soon.

Looking forward to it. BTW I dont drink coffee but I'm a big lover of spiced Indian tea and dont mind sharing 

• 1 month later...

Well I went out on the marsh this morning with Julian from Fenland. Had a cracking time and even fired a few shots (non contacted (my own fault)). Motty who was some distance away (at least 300 yards so well withing the social distance requirement) dropped a rather nice pinkfoot out of the 5-6 thousand we saw. Saying that it was like they knew we were sat out there and didnt fancy getting shot at (cant blame them). All in all had a super time and it has reaffirmed my love and passion for the wild place that is the British foreshore. 

Edited by Manish

14 hours ago, Manish said:

Well I went out on the marsh this morning with Julian from Fenland. Had a cracking time and even fired a few shots (non contacted (my own fault)). Motty who was some distance away (at least 300 yards so well withing the social distance requirement) dropped a rather nice pinkfoot out of the 5-6 thousand we saw. Saying that it was like they knew we were sat out there and didnt fancy getting shot at (cant blame them). All in all had a super time and it has reaffirmed my love and passion for the wild place that is the British foreshore. 

Yes it would seem you met my Brother and Nephew as they mentioned your offer of Muntjac Jerky. 

Edited by 6.5x55SE

2 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Yes it would seem you met my Brother and Nephew as they mentioned your offer of Muntjac Jerky. 

Yep I did. They respectfully declined. Goes better with a nice cold beer TBH so I dont blame them. I think Canada's will jerky rather well

On 07/11/2020 at 21:28, Manish said:

It was good to meet you. Shame you didn't connect with a goose. 

Hopefully this is the start of a long wildfowling adventure for you.