Best synthetic 12g semi Auto for wildfowl

Mungler

It’s been a while since I’ve been gun shopping and was wandering what the current synthetic semi of choice is.

Something that needs next to no maintenance, is lightweight, can go in the dishwasher if need be and if I drop it I won’t cry.

My favourite site picture is the standard beretta - flat rib, bead on end etc. I can’t get my head round anything with a stepped rib etc.

I was going to go with my beretta pump, but that’s pretty heavy recoil on the face with a heavy load.

So, what’s the recommendation and what’s about Essex way? Cheers all.

28 minutes ago, Mungler said:

It’s been a while since I’ve been gun shopping and was wandering what the current synthetic semi of choice is.

Something that needs next to no maintenance, is lightweight, can go in the dishwasher if need be and if I drop it I won’t cry.

My favourite site picture is the standard beretta - flat rib, bead on end etc. I can’t get my head round anything with a stepped rib etc.

I was going to go with my beretta pump, but that’s pretty heavy recoil on the face with a heavy load.

So, what’s the recommendation and what’s about Essex way? Cheers all.

Benelli super black eagle.

45 minutes ago, Mungler said:

In the past I’ve had an AL391 in wood and in synthetic and an Extrema 2 - probably should have kept hold of one of those.

I’m looking at the Maxus Carbon fibre, but can’t find one in Essex

https://easternsporting.com/product-category/shotgun/?filter_mechanism=semi-auto&subid=shotgun  

Have you tried eastern sporting in Great Baddow ?

Benelli SBE 2.

The aforementioned Benell Click is down to operator error and is easily mananged. Many don`t realise that the recommended loading method with a Benell is different from other semi autos. I`ve had mine for eleven years and have found nothing during that time that I`d even think about replacing it with.

1 hour ago, mudpatten said:

Benelli SBE 2.

The aforementioned Benell Click is down to operator error and is easily mananged. Many don`t realise that the recommended loading method with a Benell is different from other semi autos. I`ve had mine for eleven years and have found nothing during that time that I`d even think about replacing it with.

There you go. My suggestion is just based on the keepers I know, and my own Benelli.

Im not a wildfowler but have experience of quite a few semi autos, but if I wanted something other than a Benelli as a dedicated foreshore workhorse, I’d plump for the Baikel MP 153. It just looks and seems ( from everything I’ve read and seen ) the tool for the job. 

On 22/09/2020 at 07:47, Mungler said:

In the past I’ve had an AL391 in wood and in synthetic and an Extrema 2 - probably should have kept hold of one of those.

I’m looking at the Maxus Carbon fibre, but can’t find one in Essex

Just be aware the Maxus carbon fibre doesn’t come with a 3’5” chamber unlike the other models, think it only comes with 3”... that might not make any difference to you but if you want it for wildfowling just he aware so you can decide. 

On 22/09/2020 at 09:14, mudpatten said:

Benelli SBE 2.

I’m assuming that loading method will be the same on the Franchi Affinity?