Getting inked.

fatchap

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

joking aside i actually have a lot of respect for women i just couldn’t find one with the qualities we enjoy with the qualities you want in a wife 

That's a very mixed up set of standards you got there.

22 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Just out of interest how much are tattoos nowadays? 

I had two small ones in the early 70's which were 40p each. 

For 40 p you can look through the tattoo shop window 😊.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get a break, I had one after 2 hrs for lunch then back at it then had another pee break because I drink loads of water when I have a tattoo done. I have an upper back tattoo and I didn't drink anything that time and I felt awful. Got the sweats. Never again. You need to drink, eat and don't sit in the chair on an empty stomach. 

9 hours ago, ehb102 said:

The day that misandry reaches an eighth of the volume of misogyny I will support that.

Is there any stats or research on misandry? Does it even get reported/recorded/researched? It certainly goes on and i would say on increase. Lot of feisty gals owning it out there. And good on em!😉 In the news item though they even picked out builders and building sites. Is that right they should imply it us in the trades that are like that? I was up me ladder top off decorating in sun other day, got wolf whistled by bunch of ladies in lycra passing on bikes. Should i have reported them? I thanked them as i had just turned 56 and after asking if they were going to or from the pub. We had a good laugh about it. A lot of gals are as bad as fellas or give as good as they get. Some folk need to lighten up . . . Women should be able to feel safe! Anywhere! But making misogyny a hate crime? That would be a biggie. How would that He said/she said be provable to prosecution? Just another hard to prove law to undermine folk and society . . .  Another one a while back was farting was seen to be a form of abuse in a controlling relationship.       NB

Misogyny is the contempt or ingrained hatred of women. Unfortunately it seems that many people conflate misogyny with sexism or the objectification of women. I can see no instance of misogyny here. Misogyny is very rare. Generally I believe that almost every mention of misogyny is misapplied, this is because it is a fashionable word and that those who crow loudest about any subject often have the least understanding of it. 

10 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Misogyny is the contempt or ingrained hatred of women. Unfortunately it seems that many people conflate misogyny with sexism or the objectification of women. I can see no instance of misogyny here. Misogyny is very rare. Generally I believe that almost every mention of misogyny is misapplied, this is because it is a fashionable word and that those who crow loudest about any subject often have the least understanding of it. 

And then there’s objectification to throw into the mix.

Who knew there’d be a tat thread with deep thought thrown in.

I’m still waiting for the zig and zag tat picture though 😆

12 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

That rather depends on which dictionary you choose to reference and whether there is an absolute literal interpretation of the dictionary definition.  Broadly misogyny is the dislike, contempt or prejudice towards women.

You're right that casual sexism very often shouldn't be conflated with misogyny, objectification is slightly different in say that if women are objectified as sex objects then that dismisses their other qualities and attributes, which could be considered to be prejudicial and therefor could be argued to be misogyny.  None the less, no matter which term is the most appropriate, people shouldn't be ignorant *****.

I do agree that there is plenty example where the term is used wrongly, both as a genuine mischaracterisation of the situation or, calculatingly to deliberately provoke stronger reaction.

54 minutes ago, JDog said:

There is some mis use of emotive words in this thread, possibly for fun or effect.

I do not like tattoos on either the male or female forms. Does this make me a misogynist and a misandrist?

Nah, just means you have an opinion on tattoos and that's entirely reasonable.  If you made broad sweeping judgements like every woman with a tatt' is a tramp or every guy a thug that would be different, but that's not what you're saying.

1 minute ago, London Best said:

What a crying shame.

Why is it a crying shame if she is happy and comfortable with her appearance?

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

A waste of a beautiful girl. Just my opinion.

Yet she may feel her confidence and beauty is enhanced and is genuinely empowered by her ink.

Of course we all make subjective judgements on others based on our own values, it would be absurd to suggest otherwise, however so long as those individuals who make their own choice are not taking advantage of others in doing so then more power to their elbow I say.

Just now, London Best said:

I agree.

Totally socially unacceptable.

Why if it is that person's choice to have a "Stupid" tattoo on their forehead?

Why should 'society' judge that to be unacceptable? If it is the individual's choice, it does not take advantage of anyone else against their will, why is it unacceptable?

We might think it is actually stupid, in this example I do too, but it's wrong to say that it is socially unacceptable.

Society may look at middle aged to older men, in the majority, wearing tweed, clinging to old traditions and shooting animals for fun as being totally unacceptable; It perhaps, increasingly, is doing exactly that.

That's the problem when we make statements based on nothing other than subjective consideration of our own very narrow point of view on what is acceptable or otherwise.