AYA No. 3 Magnum

mark.d

I'm trying to find an AYA that is as close to the gun my Granddad had when I was growing up, mostly for sentimental value but it will see some use. Unfortunately his particular gun is long gone, but I'd like to get something that's as close as possible. I know it was a No. 3 Magnum, with double triggers, pistol grip and a beavertail forend. On a practical note, if it was choked 1/2 or less to give me the option of using steel that would be ideal. Anybody got anything suitable or know of one for sale? 

1 minute ago, mark.d said:

I'm trying to find an AYA that is as close to the gun my Granddad had when I was growing up, mostly for sentimental value but it will see some use. Unfortunately his particular gun is long gone, but I'd like to get something that's as close as possible. I know it was a No. 3 Magnum, with double triggers, pistol grip and a beavertail forend. On a practical note, if it was choked 1/2 or less to give me the option of using steel that would be ideal. Anybody got anything suitable or know of one for sale? 

Have you looked on Holts unsold lots? I have one which I had bored out to half choke in each and a slight left hand cast and they are a great fowling gun.

4 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Have you looked on Holts unsold lots? I have one which I had bored out to half choke in each and a slight left hand cast and they are a great fowling gun.

I've been keeping an eye on Holt's, there was one that was exactly what I was looking for in the sealed bid earlier this year. I ended up missing out because the winning bidder and I had bid the same amount, but he had put his bid in before me. Gutted! I didn't see anything that was quite right in this most recent one. Did miss out on a Greener Police Gun in that one by a tenner though

26 minutes ago, button said:

I've looked at this one before actually, though I could swear it was being advertised for £450 rather than £550 only a week or two ago. The only issue is I'd like to get a look at the state of those barrels in person given all those water marks and it'd be about a 200 mile trip each way for me

5 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Not 100% but I think I may have one.

Definitely ringing a bell but I have quite a few different AYAs. 

Pm me an email address and I'll try to get back to you this evening.

Edd

Cheers mate, I'll drop you a message now

5 hours ago, Smiler23 said:

Mgreeny off this site is selling one .. £200

Any chance you've got a link to it, I'm struggling to find it?

4 hours ago, Windswept said:

Is this any use, down in Devon? AYA #3 Boxlock Beaver tail fore end and 3" chambers.

http://www.bluefoxglade.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=79_76_112_166&product_id=2261

Devon is a good 4 hour drive each way for me, but this looks very close to what I'm after and I don't mind a road trip for the right gun. I'll get in touch with them this afternoon, see if they still have it. Cheers mate! 

1 hour ago, JJsDad said:

I have one that fits your bill. But whereabouts are you. I am in N-Kent which may rule things out if you are 100s of miles away.

I'm actually supposed to be down that way for a work thing in a few days actually, so it might work out. Any chance you could PM me with some photos and details?

16 hours ago, mark.d said:

I've looked at this one before actually, though I could swear it was being advertised for £450 rather than £550 only a week or two ago. The only issue is I'd like to get a look at the state of those barrels in person given all those water marks and it'd be about a 200 mile trip each way for me

Funny you say that I thought it was 450 as well, just put it down to old age!