Best behaviour.....

Walker570

Best behaviour and common sense is going to be required once we get into the driven shooting days because the antis and news media in general are going to have their beady eyes on us and just one stupid action, photograph, social media entry will see us closed down forthwith. BASC has just put an e mail circular out regarding this and I thought it a good move to mention it on here.  Both my wife and I are against all this stupidity put out by the government having spent over 80yrs each dodging all sorts of 'bullets' thrown at us in those years, but if we need to comply with the situation on any of the shoots I have booked we will do so.

Have a great season everyone.

The full text of the BASC update is as follows:

Follow the COVID Code for shooting

With the start of the pheasant season just days away, BASC is pleased that the latest government announcement has not placed further restrictions on shooting in England.

We continue to await further details on the latest guidance from Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

Our community has demonstrated that shooting can take place in a COVID-secure manner and we should be optimistic for the months ahead.

BASC has conducted more than 300 COVID visits to shoots across the UK and given advice on the risk assessments and precautions to be taken to ensure that shooting can take place in a safe and responsible manner.

It is through our actions that the Government has accepted shooting as one of 30 ‘rule of six’ exempt sports.

It may not be shooting in exactly the way we all recognise, but shooting is clearly open for business and that will provide a significant boost for fragile rural communities that need our support more than ever.

However, it is important that nothing is done in the coming weeks and months that damages shooting’s reputation with the wider public. One misjudged photograph on social media, for example, could undo much of the hard work of the last few months.

In England it is a legal requirement for shoots to have a COVID risk assessment in place and be applying all reasonable measures to limit the transmission of coronavirus. However, it isn’t just the shooting organisers responsibility. For shooting’s long-term future, we all have personal responsibility to adhere to the strict guidance laid down by the governments of our four nations.

To that end, BASC has published a ‘COVID Code’ as an easy to follow framework for those involved in shooting in the months ahead.

It outlines the steps everyone should follow – Guns, gamekeepers, beaters, pickers-up – so that shooting can be conducted in a manner that ensures we all play our part in the UK’s fight against COVID.

Follow the COVID Code – Shoot safe

• Hands – Regularly wash or sanitise your hands
  • Face – Wear a face mask in enclosed spaces
  • Space – Maintain social distancing
  • Time – Minimise time spent in gatherings
  • Equipment – Avoid sharing and sanitise before and after use
  • Place – Follow the ‘rule of six’ where it applies
  • Test & Trace – Provide your contact information

See: https://basc.org.uk/follow-the-covid-code-for-shooting/

I have been picking up three times a week on a major estate throughout this month. All are trying to ensure that we comply and being super vigilant and cautious about anything, particularly social media.

Perhaps no coincidence we had a police van watching us one morning. Take care folks it wouldn’t take much to wreck our season.

18 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

I have been picking up three times a week on a major estate throughout this month. All are trying to ensure that we comply and being super vigilant and cautious about anything, particularly social media.

Perhaps no coincidence we had a police van watching us one morning. Take care folks it wouldn’t take much to wreck our season

Its going to be interesting for sure. 

22 minutes ago, greylag said:

I do wish that there was some guidance from the devolved governments.They all seem to be dragging their feet,or do we go out regardless and use our own common sense?

You wish - both mainland devolved governments are severely left wing and rampantly anti shooting as we are all "toffs"

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, unfortunately the hotel we stay at normally will not now have our business, we will drive home instead and I doubt very much we will have breakfasts arranged which are always a great start to any day.  As said , common sense should prevail.  Have a good one fellas.

That’s a shame, our local hotels are doing a roaring trade at present. As you say, a good breakfast is a great start to a days shooting. 

On 24/09/2020 at 16:04, greylag said:

I do wish that there was some guidance from the devolved governments.They all seem to be dragging their feet,or do we go out regardless and use our own common sense?

Unfortunately common sense seems a very rare thing these days.

thats why the government has to spell it out for some and they still fluff it up.

beggers belief