Hmmm I must of lost some bait

team tractor

i once remember putting a couple of pints of maggots in the fridge while i was very slightly intoxicated , i walked into my kitchen later , and theyd escaped , i lost about half a pint or so :mad: , i cleaned up and thought no more about it until a few days later when they started to hatch  , it was so bad that we had to move out for a few days :blush:.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Not socially distancing either - flies just think they can do what they want!

I opened my fishing box once to find it full of dead flies having left 3/4 pint of maggots in there on a nice hot spell - for once you're not the only one!

😂 still alive 

47 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

....and I used to say there where no flies on him:yahoo:

😂😂😂 I laughed to much 

Just now, mel b3 said:

i once remember putting a couple of pints of maggots in the fridge while i was very slightly intoxicated , i walked into my kitchen later , and theyd escaped , i lost about half a pint or so :mad: , i cleaned up and thought no more about it until a few days later when they started to hatch  , it was so bad that we had to move out for a few days :blush:.

😂 ha ha . Try 3 months lol 😂 . This is why I leave them in my car 

29 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, job for the Hoover ?

I’ll open the door I think .90%are  Still alive 

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'm laughing with you 😄😄😄 I'm sure my dad must have done this at some point,  it definitely happened in the shed and bait fridge 😅😅

I might tip a few in my dads new fishing terios . 

26 minutes ago, mellors said:

Your not alone. Had horrible smell and so many flies in the back of my pickup last summer. Found a pigeon that had fallen over the storage boxes it nearly walked out on its own. 😊

I had a pigeon fall into a gap in my fourtrak a while back.  The smell was appalling 

2 hours ago, mellors said:

Your not alone. Had horrible smell and so many flies in the back of my pickup last summer. Found a pigeon that had fallen over the storage boxes it nearly walked out on its own. 😊

Used to get that with rabbits in the fridge,  didn't have a freezer you pulled a few out and found some flies had got in, that smell🤢🤢🤮🤮 Dad was always happy with the gozzers though.

I know what gozzers are, do others??

Back in the early sixties the police service had a system of Police Mobile Columns, these where basically a small police force which would form should we have a nuclear attack and police given areas.  Kitted out with personel trucks and motor cycles each of these columns went on two week training sessions into the boonies. Mine went into the Clee Hills and we camped out there. We had a top class field kitchen so ate well and it was but a short walk down the hill to the local pub. A camping holiday in fact. On one of our training sessions one of my team found a dead lamb and secretly brought it back to camp and then strapped it onto one of the wagon engines across the exhaust manifold.  The next day we moved location and our wagon was directly behind the 'lamb' wagon.  The stink was unbearable but the source was not discovered for about four days until the driver checked the oil levels and by then the poor little animal was just a black charred remnant.

The last Mobile Column actually got to do a real job and was sent down to the Aberfan disaster to control traffic etc.