Stock advice

mellors

Have an investarm 20g hushpower. Stock finish is flaking off any ideas ??. I intended have a go at redoing it when the drillings are finished. My only concern is its probably Italian pallet wood underneath. Has anyone done one or do you think a new stock wouldn't think they'd be expensive. 

IMG_20200924_171621801.jpg

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why bother?

As you say it might well be pallet wood, it will not shoot any better!

Your probably right as usual. But it was ok up till the last couple of weeks and I'm always careful with it really strange. Just lining up jobs for October onwards I won't be using it then till may on the clover in the paddocks. 

48 minutes ago, mellors said:

Have an investarm 20g hushpower. Stock finish is flaking off any ideas ??. I intended have a go at redoing it when the drillings are finished. My only concern is its probably Italian pallet wood underneath. Has anyone done one or do you think a new stock wouldn't think they'd be expensive. 

I stripped mine & refinishes with BoL & wax

On 26/09/2020 at 09:19, Gunman said:

I bet that stand cost more than the gun . Sorry but I dont  see a problem , a low priced gun with a cheap finish that will not stand up to use and weather .So strip it off and re varnish , stain and oil or whatever if it bothers you .

Blimey that's told me then. 

You say in one of your posts you speak from the other side of the counter so to speak. I wonder how the conversation would go if I turned up at your counter with my £800 odd pounds to buy one. 🤔

On 24/09/2020 at 17:25, mellors said:

There is an excellent post by Dunkfield pinned to the top of the Craft & DIY Section on this.

Well worth a read.

OB

52 minutes ago, mellors said:

Blimey that's told me then. 

You say in one of your posts you speak from the other side of the counter so to speak. I wonder how the conversation would go if I turned up at your counter with my £800 odd pounds to buy one. 🤔

The original gun was not £800 and I am sure who ever did the conversion did not bother to do any work on the stock so my comments stand . By the way has it been reproofed after someone drilled holes in the barrel ?

1 hour ago, Gunman said:

The original gun was not £800 and I am sure who ever did the conversion did not bother to do any work on the stock so my comments stand . By the way has it been reproofed after someone drilled holes in the barrel ?

It was and there even more now. Also I'm sure they would be re proofed for general sale. 

Screenshot_20200927-121218.png