A couple of delayed projects...

weebster

One of 2 garden projects finished ,basic construction and mostly made out of wood I had knocking about...should have been finished some time ago but delayed due to lockdown etc

basic frame...
3Vr0ka9.jpg

Legs and seat rails/front rail added....
wIa0rWF.jpg

support bearers added...
zx0uMXZ.jpg

sorting out the slats..
PJ5HK1n.jpg.

Glued screwed and pegged ready for sanding
ghJb6R6.jpg

seats added...
ouQmlkt.jpg

And a final finish with olive green stain...
BBOyj7A.jpg

Finished the 2nd project a day or so ago all bar a couple of bits to add to the seat,this one was originally planned to be done and dusted by the end of june in time for the grand daughters 2nd birthday on the 1st of July but that was put paid too by the lock down which stopped me getting the slats for the picnic table.A time consuming one this was due to the finish required,I have to say the practice and steady hand needed  for painting all those airfix kits decades ago came in handy. :D

Legs in place and ready for supports..
ELVoNNB.jpg

Supports in place...
jymGg3A.jpg

Weather proofing going on...
eEcyyQ8.jpg

Seat slats added..
ZL7Bt33.jpg

Let the art class begin....was like being back at school :(
po6fRka.jpg

A bit further on...
3Lmb2Vq.jpg

And on....
HgGpWKx.jpg

Until finally...school is over :nana:
CKzOFkH.jpg
Edited by weebster

Well the finishing touch was done today to the little ones picnic bench....seeing as how my faithful hound inspected the said bench from time to time throughout the build I felt it was only right that she signed it off...naturally she insisted on an image of herself being applied before she would sign.....omg that mutt is such a diva! :laff:

gO1qQYN.jpg

1 hour ago, weebster said:
Well the finishing touch was done today to the little ones picnic bench....seeing as how my faithful hound inspected the said bench from time to time throughout the build I felt it was only right that she signed it off...naturally she insisted on an image of herself being applied before she would sign.....omg that mutt is such a diva! :laff:

gO1qQYN.jpg

Nice shooting table!  I have a similar setup and was wanting to build a proper table.  I have 25yard sight in berm behind the barn so I don’t have to walk back into the wood to the real range.  I like to sight in and test fire at the barn as my tools are handy.  

54EFCC3F-91DF-4144-9CA5-3AA769DC21B7.jpeg

BAAB23B8-8748-45DB-AD75-F7E4C061F8B8.jpeg