Police Officer Shot in Police Station

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Croydon detention centre, do they not have some form of metal detector when in this unit?

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Croydon detention centre, do they not have some form of metal detector when in this unit?

Very sad for the officers family, shooter in hospital after trying to kill himself, 

23 minutes ago, old'un said:

He was carrying a concealed gun which was not found during his arrest and search???

That is what caught my attention, I thought the searching was at every opportunity, i.e. before being handcuffed, before being placed in a van.

Something went seriously wrong.

57 minutes ago, old'un said:

He was carrying a concealed gun which was not found during his arrest and search???

He was carrying a concealed gun which was not found due to not being searched properly and now the police force are issuing a brief about the correct procedure to carry out a search. 

Very sad and those that carried out the initial search will suffer for their mistake for the rest of their lives. 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That is what caught my attention, I thought the searching was at every opportunity, i.e. before being handcuffed, before being placed in a van.

Something went seriously wrong.

It may not have done, its also a walk in centre for people on bail to report to they said on TV just now. We will have to wait for a proper statement, news people are just speculating wildly at present.

Blue lives matter?

Edited by Vince Green

33 minutes ago, old'un said:

Watching the BBC news earlier, the news reader asked the question should there be tighter gun laws to stop guns getting into the wrong hands? Gawd help us.

if the bbc made a fuss over the flow of handguns coming in with the hard drugs from europe instead of giving us flack this poor chap might still be alive 

It is thrity years now since I worked the streets and on a couple of occasions during my last few months in the job I did not have my regular partener in the instant response car with me.  When ever I arrested anyone, they woukld be handcuffed behind their backs straight awy and then I would carefull check them over for weapons.

I always checked the rear seat squab in our patrol car before starting any shift and regularly found knives under there pushed down by criminals who had been arrested but not handcuffed and searched. On quite a few occasions comments where made from young officers just starting out, like.. "Blimey your serious about the job arent you".  Handcuffed behind their backs prevents them putting their arms over the seat and strangling you with the cuffs.

I do not believe it has got any better.

This incident should NOT have happened, period.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

On quite a few occasions comments where made from young officers just starting out, like.. "Blimey your serious about the job arent you".  Handcuffed behind their backs prevents them putting their arms over the seat and strangling you with the cuffs.

I do not believe it has got any better.

This incident should NOT have happened, period.

Unfortunately many  youngsters in all jobs have this attitude. 

5 hours ago, Dougy said:

He was carrying a concealed gun which was not found due to not being searched properly and now the police force are issuing a brief about the correct procedure to carry out a search. 

Very sad and those that carried out the initial search will suffer for their mistake for the rest of their lives. 

Very true