Police Officer Shot in Police Station

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrested by two hobby bobbies and not searched properly although it is said they did find ammunition. Then taken to the custody suite and placed in a holding cell again with out a second thorough search. Total failure both on the part of the officers arresting and the unfortunate officer shot who was the Custoday Officer who should have had the criminal properly checked over prior to being put in the cell.  I repeat this should never have happened.

there's no more automatic handcuffing-its seen as a use of force, has to be justified and gets documented-handcuffing is one the most complained about actions and I guess some officers shy away from it whether through inexperience or fear of a complaint.

found in possession of ammo would normally justify a strip search-as the details emerge we'll where in the custody procedure the person was when he acted.

The Sergeant had apparently completed 30 years service so would be close to retirement.

Man down.

f.

18 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Arrested by two hobby bobbies and not searched properly although it is said they did find ammunition. Then taken to the custody suite and placed in a holding cell again with out a second thorough search. Total failure both on the part of the officers arresting and the unfortunate officer shot who was the Custoday Officer who should have had the criminal properly checked over prior to being put in the cell.  I repeat this should never have happened.

I read that it was one Special Constable and one regular copper. Where did you read that he had already been in a cell? 

very sad. 

8 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

there's no more automatic handcuffing-its seen as a use of force, has to be justified and gets documented-handcuffing is one the most complained about actions and I guess some officers shy away from it whether through inexperience or fear of a complaint.

found in possession of ammo would normally justify a strip search-as the details emerge we'll where in the custody procedure the person was when he acted.

The Sergeant had apparently completed 30 years service so would be close to retirement.

Man down.

f.

Just goes to show how the police service and the country in general has deteriorated. 

1 minute ago, AVB said:

I read that it was one Special Constable and one regular copper. Where did you read that he had already been in a cell? 

very sad. 

It was reported that the Custody Ofiicer (the one shot) was opening the cell to go through certain procedures which included explaining covid regulations etc., when he was shot.  Certainly in my time the criminal would not have been in a cell without being seriously searched considering he was found in possession of ammunition.

It is VERY sad that the powers that be have leaned into the wishes of the goody goodies and put our law officers in even greater dangers, resulting in this officer being killed.

Absolute no mention of the fact that the criminal had been arrested, placed in a vehicle, transported to a police station and transferred to a custody suite, obviously placed infron the of the Custody  Officer who then would indicate the criminal be put in a holding cell and had not at any time been properly searched. A handgun is not something you can hide easily ..... there isn't room, like there is for sachets of drugs.   It should not have happened and the goody goody mustn't upset anybody idiots have got a police officer killed.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

The ‘official’ story is that the scum turned the gun on himself after shooting the sergeant. I wonder what really happened?

That's what happened. End of. Any other bs isn't helpful to anyone. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Or still in a van and no where near a holding cell, which don't exist and haven't for some time. 

It shouldn't have happened  but has. Its tragic. The officer was a fine man. The scum that shot him deserves his place I hell. Random comments from yesteryear dont help anyone. 

I am sorry to say that THIS incident is just the result of yet another 'Policing on the cheap'. It would seem that at least 1 Special Constable was involved. Although unlike Walker,I have only been retired for 20 years, I can recall that at certain large sporting events, 3 or 4 double decked buses full of Special Constables were deployed. Of course the event organisers would be billed for their attendance, at the same rate as a regular Police Officer. You can not blame the individual Officers, but more the 'system'. I know of 1 young man who has been almost 6 years trying to become a regular Police Officer. He has played the 'party' game of becoming a Special Constable, then becoming a C.P.S.O. applying every six months to become a regular Officer. He managed to get into the job at the end of last year, taking a drop in money from a C.P.S.O., to becoming a regular Officer  ?  Whenever I was policing an event where Specials were involved, I seemed to spend more time answering their calls for 'advice'.  They only get a couple of hours a month training and maybe only attend 1  tour of duty per week, so it stands to reason that they are completely incapable of safely carrying out Police duties. BUT, they come at nil cost, and the public can be fooled into thinking there are large numbers of Bobbies on the streets  !  When defendants are being given suspended sentences and Community Service Orders for attacking Police Officers, then the situation is only going to get worse. 

8 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Or still in a van and no where near a holding cell, which don't exist and haven't for some time. 

It shouldn't have happened  but has. Its tragic. The officer was a fine man. The scum that shot him deserves his place I hell. Random comments from yesteryear dont help anyone. 

This.  Sadly every generation has had things go wrong that shouldn't, but it was and will be ever thus.

28 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

My comments from yesteryear are not random, I cannot say it would not have happened back in my time but it would have been very unlikely.   Hopefully someone will take up the challenge and give back our police officers the power to do the job and not pussy foot about so as not hurt anyones feelings.  Recently had a comment from a serving officer who said they had become social workers not law officers.   Said it all.

23 minutes ago, Westley said:

I am sorry to say that THIS incident is just the result of yet another 'Policing on the cheap'. It would seem that at least 1 Special Constable was involved. Although unlike Walker,I have only been retired for 20 years, I can recall that at certain large sporting events, 3 or 4 double decked buses full of Special Constables were deployed. Of course the event organisers would be billed for their attendance, at the same rate as a regular Police Officer. You can not blame the individual Officers, but more the 'system'. I know of 1 young man who has been almost 6 years trying to become a regular Police Officer. He has played the 'party' game of becoming a Special Constable, then becoming a C.P.S.O. applying every six months to become a regular Officer. He managed to get into the job at the end of last year, taking a drop in money from a C.P.S.O., to becoming a regular Officer  ?  Whenever I was policing an event where Specials were involved, I seemed to spend more time answering their calls for 'advice'.  They only get a couple of hours a month training and maybe only attend 1  tour of duty per week, so it stands to reason that they are completely incapable of safely carrying out Police duties. BUT, they come at nil cost, and the public can be fooled into thinking there are large numbers of Bobbies on the streets  !  When defendants are being given suspended sentences and Community Service Orders for attacking Police Officers, then the situation is only going to get worse. 

How long have special Constables been in existence? Years and years so blaming the individuals or the ‘system’ is wrong imo. Let’s wait for the facts to come out and inevitable investigation before coming to conclusions. 

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

How long have special Constables been in existence? Years and years so blaming the individuals or the ‘system’ is wrong imo. Let’s wait for the facts to come out and inevitable investigation before coming to conclusions. 

That is correct, BUT they were then an added assistance to the Regular Force, now they are a relied upon source to make up the shortfall in Regular Officers.

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

My comments from yesteryear are not random, I cannot say it would not have happened back in my time but it would have been very unlikely.   Hopefully someone will take up the challenge and give back our police officers the power to do the job and not pussy foot about so as not hurt anyones feelings.  Recently had a comment from a serving officer who said they had become social workers not law officers.   Said it all.

Honestly, the time you were in has cause a lotof the problems we face today. 

This was tragically should not have happened. It will no doubt come out he wasn't search correctly. Your sniping annoys me greatly. 

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

Honestly, the time you were in has cause a lotof the problems we face today. 

This was tragically should not have happened. It will no doubt come out he wasn't search correctly. Your sniping annoys me greatly. 

Reminds me of a certain song  "Every generation blames the one before"   ?????

5 minutes ago, Westley said:

Reminds me of a certain song  "Every generation blames the one before"   ?????

It may do, facts remain the same. U say that with my uncle having been in charge of the spg.  Forerunner of the tsg.  Started the odd riot in its time. 

Just now, GingerCat said:

It may do, facts remain the same. I say that with my uncle having been in charge of the spg.  Forerunner of the tsg.  Started the odd riot in its time. 

6 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I always checked the rear seat squab in our patrol car before starting any shift and regularly found knives under there pushed down by criminals who had been arrested but not handcuffed and searched. On quite a few occasions comments where made from young officers just starting out, like.. "Blimey your serious about the job arent you".  Handcuffed behind their backs prevents them putting their arms over the seat and strangling you with the cuffs.

My that was a very popular place even way way back.

http://www.murderuk.com/one_off_alfred_whiteway.html

My brother did twenty odd years in the police and I can remember him say about the stuff that they found down the back seat squad being unbelievable. 

BBC News reported he was arrested by 2 female officers who are are unable to do a full body search as would be the case if 2 male officers arrested a female. This will fall in the tragic failings of the PC brigade who have lobbied for these laws. Where in a modern society a gay woman or man can execute the same inspection on a straight male or female with the same arousal as a heterosexual male or female.

Totally tragic set of affairs and so saddening!