Fac air

strimmer_13

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally had a go on my mates fx wildcat mk3. 

Firstly, to hold its lovely. Pointable, light, compact and bloody accurate out to 75 yards, less than a inch (inside shooting). 

Would I buy one now after trying it, not a chance. The trigger is ****. Fair enough it hasn't been played with, still factory set but it felt awful to me. Secondly (mainly due to my height) the scope height is absolutely shocking and still I can't get my head there consistently. The scope was on high mounts and I still reckon I needed an extra inch. Thirdly the mag had issues, the last 2 shots are a nightmare unless you yank that side lever back, or they won't chamber and stay in the mag. 

No way on earth I could live with that, especially for £1300. The variation is going in tomorrow so I'm guessing I'll have a month or two to decide. 

Screenshot_20201025_131614.jpg

6 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Firstly, to hold its lovely. Pointable, light, compact and bloody accurate out to 75 yards, less than a inch (inside shooting). 

Would I buy one now after trying it, not a chance. The trigger is ****. Fair enough it hasn't been played with, still factory set but it felt awful to me. Secondly (mainly due to my height) the scope height is absolutely shocking and still I can't get my head there consistently. The scope was on high mounts and I still reckon I needed an extra inch. Thirdly the mag had issues, the last 2 shots are a nightmare unless you yank that side lever back, or they won't chamber and stay in the mag. 

No way on earth I could live with that, especially for £1300. The variation is going in tomorrow so I'm guessing I'll have a month or two to decide. 

Disagree with you , FX wildcat is a fantastic gun FAC and sub12 , trigger is nice , mags work  , nice cocking position, balanced great , very accurate, set the power to what you want , what’s not to like about it , might put in a variation for one in .22 

6 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Read a lot of posts by people saying they need a tune to work well, can't think who it is but the same name comes up.

I can't fault the gun, as in it works and is extremely accurate. Apart from the last 2 shots because nothing comes out....

The head position is ridiculous, squashing my face in like a deranged window licker, just to try and get a decent sight picture. I'm aware I'm tall, but even my mate who bought it says its taken him ages to get used to it and even then its still nags him. The first stage of the trigger is massively long, but thats not the gun, just the fact I'd change that straight away. And make it heavier. Not my gun so couldn't play with it and he likes it. Secondly the power thing is great, I have it on my cyclone, never used it as I'd have to change/learn zero everytime. The idea was I'd have it 3/4 on my sub 12 for close up, but ive never touched it. I asked him, he won't either, said if he needs to dial it down he will bring out the S410 instead. 

To round up, I'd need that scope (roughly) another inch higher minimum. That's a no go. 

£1300. Not of my money. I'll look at a crown or dreamline classic next. 

Ive avoided the r10 just because the reg issue bothers me, even tho I've shot the mk2 and loved it. Loved the trigger, the weight, stock, bolt was easy (compared to a S410), talking of which the s510 extra or twin interested me.

The rapid at 30ftlb was lovely but not a touch on the wildcats accuracy. I think I'll stay with fx, bide my time when the variation comes back and see what's about secondhand. 

Edited by strimmer_13

5 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Ive avoided the r10 just because the reg issue bothers me, even tho I've shot the mk2 and loved it. Loved the trigger, the weight, stock, bolt was easy (compared to a S410), talking of which the s510 extra or twin interested me.

That's what I'd look at then 👍

On 25/10/2020 at 19:22, villaman said:

Disagree with you , FX wildcat is a fantastic gun FAC and sub12 , trigger is nice , mags work  , nice cocking position, balanced great , very accurate, set the power to what you want , what’s not to like about it , might put in a variation for one in .22 

Didn't want to poach oowees thread, I see you have a crown. I've seen sportsman do a vp edition which I think is just heavier not having a carbon bottle. What's yours in, 22 or 25? Is it fac? I'm liking the look of that because the bullpup ain't for my frame 

Also what's the grouping like, I was getting sub inch at 70 yards with the wildcat and jsb 18gr but know I could of got it tighter if the wind would of stopped whipping around the barn 

Edited by strimmer_13

22 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Didn't want to poach oowees thread, I see you have a crown. I've seen sportsman do a vp edition which I think is just heavier not having a carbon bottle. What's yours in, 22 or 25? Is it fac? I'm liking the look of that because the bullpup ain't for my frame 

Also what's the grouping like, I was getting sub inch at 70 yards with the wildcat and jsb 18gr but know I could of got it tighter if the wind would of stopped whipping around the barn 

.22 crown FAC . With 18 gr pellet on pellet @ 70 yards