Clothing

captainhastings

What do people wear that don't affect gun mount. In the summer sat in a pigeon hide in tshirt accuracy is up but nuts deep in a ditch with 15 layers on to keep warm tends to have an affect I find. Just curious what folks wear to keep warm and dry but still be a bit nimble. When a duck appears in front out the dark speed and accuracy is handy 

47 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

What do people wear that don't affect gun mount. In the summer sat in a pigeon hide in tshirt accuracy is up but nuts deep in a ditch with 15 layers on to keep warm tends to have an affect I find. Just curious what folks wear to keep warm and dry but still be a bit nimble. When a duck appears in front out the dark speed and accuracy is handy 

There are many people that have two different length butt pads, thin for winter and longer for summer to give the same stock dimensions/mount.

Get yourself a jacket something like this

https://www.ekosport.co.uk/patagonia-ms-nano-puff-jkt-roots-red-20-p-V00253333.html?lgw_code=9661-V00253333&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtsv7BRCmARIsANu-CQeXj7NpHSK-oq3LovdBer6wc_yJR-n3rw1penhiXAqjjOqaEpkSrdgaAvGREALw_wcB

The nano puff jackets are very lightweight and not  bulky but they are very warm you dont need to be wrapped up like a mummy to stay warm, i often just go out wearing chest waders , fleece trousers, tshirt a nano puff type jacket  and a goretex over jacket and i am warm as anything.

Patagonia are the top of the range in this type of jacket but you can get nano puff type jackets that are just as good that keep you warm without the bulk.

On 26/09/2020 at 07:55, captainhastings said:

Bottom layer - Merino thermals if cold or t shirt if warm

Outer when dry - Waterproof unlined hunting trousers and

On 28/09/2020 at 08:30, Newbie to this said:

Waterproof unlined hunting trousers and Windproof fleece if cold or waxed waistcoat if warm

Waterproof unlined hunting trousers and Outer jacket when raining- Unlined waterproof such as Ridgeline pintail smock

Edited by Stonepark