Shoot costs

I am planning to seek permission to run small informal game shoot. Lincolnshire area 

If any shoot captains could PM me with rough idea of what the cost per acre should be just rough idea if you could please.

I do not want to insult farmers or indeed pay to much!!!

Thank you and pm's please 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

On two small DIY syndicates we pay £1/acre for sporting rights approximately. But one is going to go up next year as another, bigger, syndicate is muscling in around us. 

In Wales 

Wow

Ours is circa £30 an acre / we have a pen on the land - woods and grass fields

It also depends if it’s barren land with no other shoots around (where any birds wandering off will be gone forever) ... 

... or if it’s a small shoot bordered by 1-2-3 commercial shoots, where you just chuck down a bunch of feeders (although some don’t even need to do that) and still shoot good bags every week. 

It’s a bit cheeky but it happens a LOT. 
Bloke in my current syndicate said his last shoot was between 8 guns, they all paid £80 for the year towards feed and shot a bag of 60-80 driven every Saturday of the season... their “shoot” bordered a big commercial shoot. 
In the end the big estate bought the land they had their shoot on and told them to get lost. 

Whilst some will consider it unethical to shoot “someone else’s” birds... many will not bat an eye lid at doing it... and putting down feeders and cover that will attract birds onto their land. 

Also worth considering, does the land have great woodland that gets a lot of other game? 

Pigeon shooting? 

Woodcock? 

Any ponds with wild duck coming in to shoot? 

Walked up rabbit? 

Deer stalking included? 

Edited by Lloyd90

• 1 month later...

Depends on many factors, if the farm has plenty of arable that needs crop protection, not all farmers have them beating the door down to get pigeon shooting. So keeping pest control down throughout the year can get you a good deal.with the farmer. If the farmer shoots can be good or bad, some farmers are glad of having a gun and will put lots of effort into the shoot. Others will wait untill you build up a good shoot and up the rent to push you off so he can make more off your hard work.

£30.00 per acre must be renting Sandringham estate.

Edited by figgy

Probably have more fun than if we rented Sandringham - and thats what it is all about 

20 ponds

7 miles of new hedge rows

11 acres of game / wild bird cover

Traditional flower meadows

Ancient English Woodland

Enough said ??

If it was 100 quid an acre - Im still in 

Oh i forgot

English Partridge

Merlin

Osprey

Peregrine