Windy afternoon flightline shooting

Jacko3275

My first time flightline shooting started with meeting up with Jdog for the the second weekend on the trot in hope to decoy pigeon on bean stubbles or cultivated bean stubble fields but last week ended with 3 and this week was looking very similar anyway by the afternoon we found some birds  but the weather was against us strong wind and an horrible drizzle  so Jdog suggested a couple of hours tucked in the hedge a net in front  and have a go a some birds flighting having never done this it was  going to be a challenge but it was a great afternoon after a few misses  I got a my eye in  and started to hit a few Jdog on the other hand was smashing them but some where just impossible to get on jinking all over the place in the wind ... we ended up with 25 and a jay so some great sport was to be had in trying conditions and I loved it 

As anyone who takes others out will know there is always some pressure to find a few pigeons to shoot. Last week we toured Lincolnshire’s bean stubbles and eventually shot three. Yesterday we sat up for an hour and a half waiting for a line to open up and when that failed to materialise we headed elsewhere.

We did find some at another place and were considering setting up when very wetting rain appeared from nowhere and set in for the afternoon. Wanting to reward Jacko for his time and diesel I thought we might flight line a few rather than decoy in the rain. A better line went elsewhere but we couldn’t shoot it due to the proximity of horses but we had enough on our line to give us two hours of very testing shooting in a blustery wind.

556E6066-EC6D-46A3-8127-EE50A762DE1B.jpeg

A very satisfactory bag under extreme conditions , your weather up your way must have been very similar to ours , gale force winds and persistent rain , not the type of weather I enjoy shooting Pigeons in , or any thing else come to that , still I am sure you both pulled out some good shots ( and missed a few ) but still found it well worth going .